Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to apply compost tea to lawn?

Posted by trh701 z4sd (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 12:07

I have brewed up some compost tea to apply to my lawn. However, I don't want to dilute it - just want to apply straight. What do you recommend to put it in to spray on the lawn? I have an Ortho dial sprayer to attach to my hose but the highest dosage I could do would be 8 oz. per gallon. My yard is too large to use just a pump sprayer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to apply compost tea to lawn?

Its my understanding that if you use a hose sprayer, you need to assure that you either have well water, or that your city water is chlorine free, or it will kill a large percentage of the good bacteria you just created.

Secondly, there is no shelf life for compost tea. Once you are finished brewing it, you have about a 2-4 hour window to get it applied.

Other than that, your ortho sprayer should work just fine, and remember, it does not matter how much water you use to get it down. If you use 10 gallons, or 500 to completely put down all your tea on your yard, you have accomplished putting the bacteria into place. Runoff would be bad of course.

o
RE: How to apply compost tea to lawn?

I'm getting one of these hose end filters to be able to use my Ortho sprayer as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gard N Grow filter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here