Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to organic

Posted by poorowner Northern CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 12:24

Hi, I am new and want to find out more about organic lawn,
I read a lot there are so many ingredients I am confused!

I am wondering what does molasses do
and also got some seaweed extract is that a good supplement to use? how much to apply?

What else do I need?

I am new to lawn care in general and only 800 sq ft to take care of, it's easy for me to apply liquid with a hose end sprayer. I have a lay down a rye and blue grass sod few weeks ago, it's supposed to require quite a bit of nitrogen to grow well (1 lb per 1000 sq ft) few times a year. I want to do this correct from the start.

Also does anyone know where I can find soybean meal in northern california? That seems to be the main ingredient most people use?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to organic

I suggest you read the Organic Lawn Care FAQ's first. then come back with your questions. Link Below will answer alot of your questions

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic lawn FAQ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here