Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenjeans_il

To the Compost Tea Brewers in the group...

greenjeans_il
16 years ago

I've been working on a deal with the maker of the KIS brewer and he has agreed to a group discount if we can work up a bulk order for his Pro Compost Kits. The 5-gallon kits normally go for $11.90 but he's offering a 10% discount if we all pitch together. I'm going to order enough for the rest of the season (10 kits) so I can expect about a $12 savings. He said depending on interest he may be able to do even better. Send me an email if your interested.

I can speak from experience that the KIS products are top of the line in the world of ACT. Those of you that know me know I'm not spammin' you guys. And no you won't be sending me money (although I do accept donations!). If anyone's got any questions on the kits and their benefits let me know and I will elaborate. Otherwise check out the link.

Greenjeans

Here is a link that might be useful: KIS Pro Compost Tea Kits...

Comments (3)

• tumblenes
    16 years ago

whats the difference between KIS 5-gallon Compost Tea Brew Kit & the Pro Kit?

• greenjeans_il
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In the words of Tad Hussey with Simplici-tea.com: "...the difference between our regular Food Kit and our Pro Kits is that we add more ingredients to our dry food mix, and then also innoculate the compost with a liquid. All of the additions we make have been tested with SFI, and we've found that they increase the biology of our compost tea over our regular food kit (unfortunately they also increase our work load so we have to charge more for them)."

When I asked him about the "liquid inoculant" he responded: "I can't tell you too much about the liquid innoculant other than to say it's OMRI listed, can be used in organic production, and is a strain of bacillus with other ingredients. We've found that it helps improve the disease suppressive qualities of our compost tea and increase biology."

So I've taken to calling it the "Secret Super Sauce". ; )

I guess I should mention he also offered the discount on the regular food kits but I thought for just a couple bucks more why not get the best they have to offer. If anyone wants the regular food kits I'm sure he'll accomodate us. I've used the regular kits and they do make a VERY good tea. Really dark, chocolate sauce color and a pleasant aroma as well.

It doesn't get any simpler either; drop in the pre-measured and bagged compost, rip open the food kit and dump it in, sit back and watch it brew. When it's done take out the compost bag and open it up into my compost pile or garden and pour the tea into my watering can or hose end sprayer and go to it. I also like to add a dab of humic acid and seaweed extract to my tea as well. The humic acid neutralizes chlorine found in my city water, and the combo of humic acid and seaweed provides the plants with chitins that improve cellular resistance to stress. More on that later if anyone's curious.

Greenjeans

• greenjeans_il
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Last chance on this group buy. Need to know by tomorrow how many we're getting. To those that participated; thanks for your support and you will love this tea. Good stuff, man, good stuff.

Greenjeans

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES