Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ricmorris

Help me not preach

abileneblues
16 years ago

My neighbor's yard extends about 6-10 feet beyond her driveway to our common property line. She is an older lady and hires out her lawn care and includes some service where they pull up with a large truck with a chemical tank.

I generally mow all the way to her driveway as our mowing schedules are different as it makes it look nice. She's ok with that.

However, I'm trying to go organic and would like to keep any chemicals from being sprayed on that side. I'm more than happy to work that part of her lawn as well, just to make sure that my soil isn't tainted with chemicals. I just don't want to come across as if I'm indicting her (lawn service) use of chemicals.

I'd also like to start cutting my grass (primarily common bermuda) to about 1". I'd be happy to continue cutting to her driveway, but there is quite a bit of St. Augustine mixed in on her lawn, and I'm afraid I'd cause bald spots as the SA dies to be eventually taken over by the bermuda.

Bottom line, I want to have my (and part of her) yard like I want it without coming across as a jerk. She is in declining health and I don't want a disagreement to make her feel like she can't call on me (as she has in the past) for help.

Anybody negotiated this type of situation before? Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living