Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White slug infestation

Posted by aman32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 18:24

I have an infestation of white slugs on my lawn and under my shrubs. Is there a specific reason they love my lawn? I've read about escar-GO. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White slug infestation

Slugs come in many colors ranging from white to dark brown and need moist and cool places to live and eat mostly decaying organic matter although they will eat living plant tissue also and therein lies most peoples problems with slugs. Escar-go is a iron phosphate based slug bait that is relatively safe for you to use to control slugs, more effective than coffee grounds and beer traps, less effective than toads and birds.

o

Where do you live?
How long have you been organic?
What fertilizer do you use and how often?

o

-Northern NJ
-Organic for a few weeks
-We live in a new house and prior to us moving in, it was a chemical war zone. I put down soybean meal after memorial day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here