Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to start using organic for lawn care

Posted by peyday 5/6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 20:04

I have been reading through messages on this forum but am still confused. Is there a place on this sight that will give me step by step instructions for organic lawn care? I don't want to take up everyone's time but if not, I will come back and post my specifics so I can get some help!
Thanks in advance!
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to start using organic for lawn care

Organic Gardening FAQ is a great place to start.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here.

o

You could look here too

Here is a link that might be useful: look here

o

Thanks for the info. Both places help out a lot. Hopefully the rain subsides here in Ks because right now we are receiving rain every couple of days. We had a hail storm today with 15 minutes of rain and received 2 1/4 inches of rain in the 15 minutes. The hail stripped my native gardens. Now I know how the farmers have felt all these years!!
Thanks again - Linda

o

Peydey don't get too caught up in the idea of a step by step process, there isn't one. Soil fertility is the same regardless of what you're growing in it. Add as much organic matter to the soil as you can and create the most hospitable enviroment possible for the microbes that feed on that organic matter. Ween yourself off of the notion that you're "fertilizing grass". You aren't, you're feeding the soil.

Practice good lawn culture: mow high, mulch clippings, water infrequently and deeply. Boom, you're on your way.
If you have specific questions feel free to post them but you'll be finding your own way very soon I'd bet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here