Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redvq

Thanks for your info

redvq
15 years ago

Hi all, I signed up just to say thanks to everyone here for posting your ideas and general lawn maintenance schedules. Over the past year, Between reading an organic book and searching this forum I think my lawn is finally turning into something.

My lawn was a mess in 2006 and the start of 2007. It's Tif 419 with your typical Builder's overseeded ryegrass. The builder imo should have asked me before overseeding my bermuda with rye but thats life I guess.

This is my second year into this organic program. Back in 2006 was when I moved into this house and this bermuda was laid down. I used scotts products starting in mid 2006, but I switched over to an organic plan in January of 2007.

Basically I use soybean meal, bone meal, alfalfa, Corn Gluten, Worm Tea and Seaweed Tea. I Core Aerate once a year and layer some manure once a year. And I changed from my $400 rotary gas powered mower to a $70 manual 7 blade push reel from American Lawn. What a difference that seemed to make. When it comes to Bermuda I guess it's Reel>Rotary

Anyway, I have 2 pictures taken back in 2007 and 2 pictures this month. My lawn on a whole still needs some attention in certain areas where I'm still trying to get the rye grass out + recover from the drought here in GA, But overall I'm happy which direction the project is moving.

All of these pictures are from the left side of my back yard

February 2007

Summer 2007 - After a rough thunder storm

June 2008

Today

Comments (4)