Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pbguy420

Could milorganite cause oily/rust looking discharge?

pbguy420
9 years ago

I applied milorganite at the proper bag rate on my 13000sq ft lawn... In the sane timeframe I leveled out and fixed some parts of my drainage ditch in the front yard. (The ditch was graded improperly and held water for up to a week after rain) I used soil from the woods behind my house, the top layer was 1 ft of good black soil, then about a foot of sand, and then another foot of clay/sand mix. I mixed it up pretty well, and didn't notice any oil in the soil when I put it down.

After getting almost 5 inches of rain in two weeks, the drainage is much better, but can't be fixed until my neighbor fixes a high spot in his... But the ditch is now a rusty color and also had quite a bit of oily residue, like if you washed oil off concrete. I can see how the milorganite could cause some rust but not the oil... Any ideas? New to this

Comments (2)

• Kimmsr
    9 years ago

I've not seen anything like rust after using Milorganite, even if there was some rain shortly after. The oily film most likely is from residue washed off the road.

• pbguy420
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Now there is a white foam buildup in the ditch, what is going on here

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA