Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psuproud

organica brand fertilizer vrs sbm or cgm

psuproud
16 years ago

Hey all,

I am very new to the organic way of lawn care. I'm in the process of going organic and I have gotten so much information from this board. I thank all the contributors. I recently heard of the organic fertilizer organica and I was wondering how it compares to SBM or CGM. Has anyone had any experience with this product line? Also they have a product which promotes the growth of the soil bacteria. Should I apply this product in addition to my first application of SBM?

Comments (2)

• lou_spicewood_tx
    16 years ago

SBM and CGM ARE organic fertilizer... just cheaper.

The branded fertilizers tend to have more ingredients such as SBM, CGM, kelp meal, etc, etc in one product and more expensive.

• texasredhead
    16 years ago

Much has to do with what is available in your area. Many packaged fertilizers available here in Texas are regional in nature. An exception is Milorganite that has pretty good distribution. I have never heard of the Organic brand fertilizer and you have probably never heard of Bradfield alfalfa based fertilizer. On the other hand, corn gluten meal and soybean meal are available nearly everywhere as both items have been used for years as cattle feed. However, frequently these items are as expensive as packaged organic fertilizers. So, you modify your organic program based on what is available in your area at a reasonable price.

Sponsored