Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown Patch Disease

Posted by bettyfb (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 11:57

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are two pictures I just took of my lawn. This is my second year of using Cornmeal to control Brown Patch Disease. I did get a few spots of Brown Patch--probably as a result of spraying a few spots last spring to get rid of clover in my lawn. I have applied 4 bags of Cornmeal to my lawn since last April. As you can see, the few spots of Brown Patch that I did get are recovering nicely. I am pretty much sold on using Cornmeal to prevent and get rid of Brown Patch Disease. I had it in my lawn for the past 15 years and resorted to trying Daconil a few years ago, with no luck. In the past, by mid July my entire lawn was brown and I always had to reseed in the Fall.

Betty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown Patch Disease

It is always amazing to me the number of people that will dump synthetic fertilizers on there lawns, at great expense, and then need to follow that with stuff, again at great expense, to control the resulting insect pest and plant disease problems they have when working to make a good healthy soil that will grow strong and healthy plants is so simple to do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here