Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two questions about feed & a lawn issue

Posted by katefisher Z7_NorthernCA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 13:33

I bought a product called Safe Lawn by Mega Gro. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with it. I want to use it to feed my lawn and wonder not only how effective it is but if I can apply it in 100 degree temps we are having now without burning. It is a non synthetic fertilizer.

My other question is about a stretch of lawn we have in the front yard. It is about 5 feet wide and 20 feet long and the grass there is not only much more yellow than the rest of the grass but it is lying down flat and making me crazy. Looks horrid. What would make that happen?

I don't know what kind of grass we have I'm afraid. Thank you.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two questions about feed & a lawn issue

I have a new question. I figured out yesterday that my Safe Lawn by Mega Gro is corn gluten. I really completely forgot what I ordered. So my new question is can I apply the corn gluten now in high heat? Going to cool down to around 90 by Sunday.

Also in theory can Dr. Earth lawn fertilizer be applied in the heat? I really need to feed the front yard and still have half a bag of this in the shed.

Thanks.

Kate

o

Hey I am wondering where did you buy this from?
Corn glutten is to control weeds, it has some nitrogen too, you didn't mention weeds, so maybe you don't need to apply that now,

it sounds like you want it to green up a bit but in this 105F heat right now what the grass needs is water!

o

I am applying regular water. Thanks.

Kate

o

Corn gluten meal is 60% protein that translates to 9% nitrogen. It is an excellent fertilizer and has no effect on growing weeds except to fertilize them. It is titally natural and can be applied at any time.

However, if applied at the proper times, it is an excellent preemergent for annual weeds. It will not control perennial weeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here