Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rutgers1_gw

Interested in collaborating on an organic 'site'?

rutgers1
16 years ago

As a new entrant into the world of organic lawncare, I find myself running to this site every day hoping to find information about helping my lawn grow and thrive.

The one thing that I think will help more people jump on the "bandwagon" is not only testimonials, but photos of their thriving lawn. People post them here from time to time, but then they disappear. Also, some great links are posted here frequently, only to scroll away into oblivion.

With that said, I am going to try and create a simple site tonight that will archive the things that I have learned so far. If possible, I would love to have some people on here contribute photos and anything else they think would help "spread the word." This site can be as big - or as small - as we want it to be. As the fourth person in my immediate neighborhood to go organic (actually, I am ALMOST organic at this point), I see it catching on here, and I would love to help it spread elsewhere.

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them here or email me at njvarsity@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• chris_ont
    16 years ago

I'm in.
    I have some before and after pictures that I've been taking. Some are showing good results and some are about things that'll need more work.
    I'll take some more current "after" pics.

Post back when your site is up!

C.

• okcdan
    16 years ago

Check out my member page here. You're welcome to use any of my pics in there, which depict my organically maintained bermudagrass.

Good day, Dan

• billhill
    16 years ago

Dan - You have a great Bermuda lawn. Displayed it very well on your (My Page).

• okcdan
    16 years ago

Thanks bill :)

• rutgers1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The site is going up slowly, but I should have something to show in a day or two. I opted for a freewebs.com site since it offered so many features that I was thinking of building anyway, particularly a photo album...and it was free!

I really think the proof is often in a picture, so photos will be a big part of it. As the site grows, I would love to feature photos of board members' lawns, as well as helpful links and even articles written by the great group of grass enthusiasts who flock here.

• brizzyintx
    16 years ago

Rutgers1,

I am completely in agreement. I, too, am new to the world of organic lawncare. Although the health and environmental reasons were enough to convince me to make the switch, more pictures of successful organic lawns might help to convince others.

I envision a site where users could post pictures, their locations, types of grass, fertilizing schedules, etc...

I wish you had posted sooner. I just resodded my front, and would have love to do a before/after type thing, as well as pictures of it establishing while being maintained organically. Of course, it's never too late, but being able to show the before pictures would have put everything in much better perspective, because my "lawn" was atrocious.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

• okcdan
    16 years ago

Posted by rutgers1 (My Page) on Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 0:33

The site is going up slowly, but I should have something to show in a day or two.

How's about a link? :)

Dan

• rickbubba
    16 years ago

Thanks to okcdan pix earlier this year and dchall reply to help I have not used any fertilizer since early spring (Feb.). I mixed a blend of SBM,CSM,Alfafa sprouts with what seems to be green success on my SA lawn it grows twice as fast as both my neighbors grass treated by True Green & Scotts. For once I'm laughing as I cut it I also do spray with compost tea but only twice since spring.My current problem is getting some CGM for fall treatment I can only seem to buy it by the truckload.

Count me in for the Photos...

• lawnoob
    16 years ago

As a first time home owner who is wanting to try the organic lawn, I would LOVE a good site to see some pictures and get information from.

• rutgers1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry guys. It got put on hold. I have a shell up, but no content. I was really motivated, but then some things came up. I do intend on doing it, though. I really could use the motivation when going organic gets tough.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner