Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Push Mower Mowing Height

Posted by willowglener CAzone9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 19:39

Greetings. I have been a lurker for quite some time. This forum really helps me in the past couple months. We installed new sod over a month ago, 90% fescue + 10% KBG (N. CA zone 9). We have reduced watering from twice a day to once a day to twice a week, along with application of coffee grounds and other organic matters. The first mow (two weeks after sod installation) was horrifying, with my Brill Luxus push mower taking off almost 1/2 of the blades. I thought I had it set wrong since we have not had a lawn for over a year during the remodel. Nope. It was set at the maximum height of 45mm. I love my push mower and I wouldn't trade it for any gas-powered model, but is there anyway I can mow higher than 1.8" for my fescue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Push Mower Mowing Height

Add to clarify. I have a reel mower and dwarf fescue. I wasn't very clear in the first post.

o
RE: Push Mower Mowing Height

I have the same issue. I love the way a reel mower can whip around the weird corners that seem to happen in my garden, and how it can just be lifted over obstacles. (And how even young kids can be safely roped into mowing...)

Anyway, I wish mine wouldn't cut the grass so short. The only thing I've been able to come up with is to get larger wheels which would automatically raise the blades higher off the ground.

No idea where to find such wheels, though...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here