Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emmgus_gw

organic lawn care service in nj?

emmgus
16 years ago

hi there everyone,

i'm not sure if any of you live in my area, but i'm curious to know if there is a service that would come and do the fertilizing/etc for me, at the right time, and using the corn gluten meal, milky spore and etc that we have been using. i'm just feeling overwhelmed with all the cutting/edging, watering, etc, not to mention the monster i have created with all the shrubs and perennials and containers, and keeping them all alive and healthy. i'm determined to keep it organic, even though my neighbors think i'm crazy. if there is someone out there that would come and do that part of it for me on the proper schedule i think it would be worth it. thanks for any advice!

Comments (8)

• rutgers1
    16 years ago

If you are in the Bergen County area, let me know. Three of my neighbors use a service, and I would be happy to get their information for you. Here is what I notice when I see their lawns:
    1) One guy's lawn is perfect. It has consistently been green, looks very thick, and I haven't seen any weeds.
    2) The second guy's lawn looks very green, is very thick, but has clover.
    3) The third guy's lawn is green but has some rough spots, as well as a lot of clover. He has a dog, so I am not sure if that contributes to it.

I have no idea how many applications they are getting from the company, or what the applications consist of. Overall, I would be EXTREMELY happy with the one guy's lawn, while the other two have more clover than I would like.

• emmgus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi there, thanks for responding. we are in essex county, right next to bergen county, so maybe they service my area too? green and thick even with some clover works for me. right now our lawn is not looking that great, it's been so dry, and we have not been consistent or thorough enough with treating it. let me know what you find out - thanks!

• rutgers1
    16 years ago

The company is called Lawn Alive. I just googled them and got this info:
    Lawn Alive
    Ridgewood, NJ 07450-0000
    (201) 670-4859

Let me know what they say.

• emmgus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi there rutgers,

sorry for the long delay, but we were away, and then i played phone tag for a few days. i spoke to the woman at lawn alive, and they do service another property in my town. it seems that they use the same sorts of fertilizers and treatments as we do and many on this board. they are coming to measure my yard and give me an estimate and all the printed info. i'm very curious! i also spoke to my neighbor in the meantime who is organic and she has used a service in the past called "the organic dutchman". i'm planning to give them a call too.

anyway, thanks again for the info!

• alb36
    9 years ago

Organic Dutchman is a BIG fraud! We hired him two years ago and now my lawn is full of dandelions and clover is threatening to take over. I emailed him and he pretended that he came and applied another round of fertilizer. I don't think any of these "organic" companies will revive your lawn, you need to do your own homework and start feeding the soil. Microbiology is not rocket science and it is absolutely fascinating. The book that will be my bible from now on is "Teaming with microbes". Also, good info on lawn care on www.richsoil.com.

• shovel11
    9 years ago

Organic Dutchman, Lawn service is a good company, 100% organic, safe and effective. The service fees are affordable. Check them out on www.organicdutchman.com

• shovel11
    9 years ago

Organic Dutchman is the best. We have 11 friends and neighbors who are using Organic Dutchman for over 3 years. They all are very satisfied and happy with the results. Sure you have to have a little patience in the beginning, but that is worth it. I highly recommend them.

Sponsored