Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter fertilizer??

Posted by Aggranduser none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 18:59

Which organic fertilizer has the highest nitrogen level and is good for winter fertilizer? Soybean meal? Also when should I apply for the last app. Before winter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter fertilizer??

When to apply a fall plant food can be a bit tricky because you will want to feed those plants so they can store that food before they go dormant, but if there is an active Soil Food Web about 8 weeks prior to when soil temperatures will drop low enough to slow or stop that activity. In my area of the world that means late September or early October at the latest.
Soybean meal, Cottonseed meal, Corn meal all (or about 95 percent) come from seeds from Genetically Engineered crops which should not be acceptable to an organic grower because we do not know what affect these have on the environment or us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here