Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holeshot1_gw

For dchall_san_antonio Help with my new Sod

holeshot1
11 years ago

On 9 June 2012 I laid new sod tall Fescue with Blue Grass mixed. I live in Las Vegas NV.I was told to water it 3 times a day for 7 min at a time 6am, 12pm, 4pm which I did.The grass rooted and was beautiful.I was cutting it at 3&1/2 ins, even bought new Honda mower.Then came my troubles I was told to water it 2 times a day for 10 mins each watering morning and evening.It started to get brown areas in certain spots which started spreading, also I was mulching the grass with the mower.I then read that I might have brown spot or dollar spot fungus,so this past Saturday 4 Aug, I went and bought 50lbs of cornmeal and applied it to the lawn at 20lb per 1000 sq ft.,and started to bag the grass.I also bought a new Weathermatic controller with the Wireless Remote Sensor which gets the weather download every evening at 11.55pm for the next day for my Zip Code. I programed the controller to water every other day it is supposed to be able to to determine how long for the sprinklers to run, because it takes in the temperature and humidity for the days in between watering's and then adjusts itself.The model # for the Weathermatic Controller is SL 1600, and the weather station is SLW15.Now my question is what do I do to try and get my grass back in shape the way it was after I laid the sod.I am pretty sure that I caused all these problems by over watering the sod. Attached are some pictures of my lawn..I Am also having problems with my front yard which was sodded in October 2011 pictures 442,thru 445 are of my front yard the rest are my back yard, any help would be appreciated.( also my yard was rototilled to 8 inch's and a new sprinkler system was installed with head to head coverage using rainbird 1800 series bodies and spray heads.I know that Fescue is a cool season grass, but that is what they use out here or Bermuda which I had before and goes dormant in the fall, and spreads into the garden. The temps out here now very from the high 90's to 114,with night time temps in the 80's to high 90's. Desperate Help For Some Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached is a link to my photos on PhotoBucket

http://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/_holeshot1/

Thank You