Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Corn Meal in Orlando?

Posted by orlchris Orlando - Fl (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 07 at 21:50

My lawn appears to have what I've researched to be TARR.

I have gone to 2 feed stores in orlando and was told by both that they don't sell corn meal. They each suggested I go to the other store to see if they carry it.

Any suggestions?

I'm in the Rio Pinar area if anyone knows of somewhere nearby.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Corn Meal in Orlando?

CM is almost impossible to find in FL. I live in the St.Pete area and have called Feed Stores from here to Tampa to Ft.Myers with no luck. Cracked corn is your only option from a feed store. It still works, just takes longer.

If you must have CM you could buy the corn from a feed store and grind it yourself or buy Food Grade CM. Try to find a store that sells bulk food. Any of the Natural Food Stores should carry it in bulk, plus give discounts if you order a 50lb bag.

I would cut out a section of the infected area and take it to your local extension office so they can determine exactly what the problem is.

The link below gives some good info on TARR.

Here is a link that might be useful: TARR FL

o
RE: Where to buy Corn Meal in Orlando?

Spray with milk or liquid seaweed until you can get corn. Or if you were ambitious, you could make garlic juice and spray with that. Put 2 pounds of garlic and 32 ounces of water in a blender. Strain out the pulp for your next neighborhood Italian dinner, and spray the juice.

The bulk corn meal you find in grocery stores is almost always adulterated to make a tortilla mix - at least in San Antonio it is. Just something to keep in mind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here