Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does The Lawn Need a Rest In Between Feedings?

Posted by catkin UDSA Zone 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 4, 09 at 22:00

In other words how often can/should you apply various grains, alfalfa pellets, fish emulsion, etc.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does The Lawn Need a Rest In Between Feedings?

Any "fertilzer" you apply to your lawn should be just enough to feed that lawn but not enough to be washed out of, or off of, the soil and create pollution. How often to apply any "fertilizer" depends on what your soil needs, and the best way to know what your soil needs are is with a good, reliable soil test.

o

• Posted by catkin UDSA Zone 8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 21:06

I'm feeding the ground, not the grass. You know, amending, not fertilizing.

Kim, not to sound harsh but do me a favor and don't relpy to my posts anymore, okay?

It's hard to explain but I don't like the way you come across.
Thanks.

o

You don't say where you live or what kind of grass you have so I'll just tell you what I do for my St Augustine in San Antonio, TX. I fertilize with corn meal at 10 pounds per 1,000 square feet on Washington's Birthday. I fertilize the same on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. I'd get into more detail but I'm afraid I might come across the wrong way.

o

Maybe it is the way you read what is written that causes you a problem.

o

I thought the advice from Kimmsr was succinct, correct and well put. Recommending a soil test is Lawn 101 is it not? Its all good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here