Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing or neutralizing previously applied weed killer

Posted by PaulSz GA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 23:23

I could not find an answer to the following: a neighbor's landscaper applied some heavy duty weed killer on our round raised bed with azaleas (approx. 6' diameter) that is surrounded with rocks. I do not appreciate any weed-killing chemicals, can do it by hand without them. Are there known ways to flush out or neutralize a strong weed killer already in the ground and on the surrounding rocks? (don't have the name of the product he used, but it was strong: every living thing was gone within a week - not sure how the azaleas will do)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing or neutralizing previously applied weed killer

Flushing will get rid of any residual of that poison by moving it through the soil and into the ground water. Of course that will end up there anyway but might be more diluted if allowed to follow the rain rather then a local flood. What happens depends on what the product was.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here