Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eastpenna

Taking The Organic Leap

eastpenna
16 years ago

As mentioned in some previous posts I definitely want to switch over to organics. My only concern was doing this at the same time as a total lawn renovation. I seeded the mag 3 last Monday 8-27. The new grass is about 1/2" tall now, I figure I can't do anything out here until October 1st?

So I thought what I would do is, since I am not renovating, or even overseeding, my back yard, was to start there. I have picked up some Bone Meal and Sulfate of Potash, as suggested by my soil test, and I have some organic fertilizer.

I will core aerate, and then fertilize and add the amendments hopefully today. I would hope that by October 1st I may see some results?

If this goes well, and I am sure it will, is October 1st to late to do the same out front? Organic fertilizer and add amendments. I know things work best when soil temps are above 55 degrees, but have no idea what the average soil temps are at that time. By the way I am near the King of Prussia, Valley Forge area.

Comment (1)

• skoot_cat
    16 years ago

I will core aerate, and then fertilize and add the amendments hopefully today. I would hope that by October 1st I may see some results?

Your plan sound good to me. You should see some results, but don't get overly excited just yet. Organics Take time. Remember, your building healthy soil, and this isn't going to happen over night or even in 3 weeks. But, it sounds like your on the right track.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery