Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stan6

Raccoons and skunks

stan6
12 years ago

First I want to let all lawn lovers in Texas and other places suffering from severe drought know that my heart goes out to you and I pray for rain soon, in sufficient quantities. Not just for lawns and gardens, but for all the reasons rainfall enriches our lives.

I'm about to overseed my lawn but first must eliminate pesky raccoons and skunks (oddly, no moles) that scratch and dig up my lawn. The attractiveness of my lawn increases as I seed and keep the soil moist creating an easier place to scratch and dig. Trapping won't solve the problem as I live in the woods and others will follow. I'm trying castor oil, stinky garlic, hot pepper sprays and have installed several Nite Guard solar devices. I have no exposed garbage, etc, it's the lawn and insects they are after. I'll share my successs (or lack of) with you in a few weeks, but I need hard hitting advice to repel the critters right now. Being from Tennessee, for anyone who can solve my problem quickly, I'll send a handmade Davey Crockett coonskin or skunkskin hat, courtesy of my backyard!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals