Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ulsterson

Brown Patch and corn meal question.

ulsterson
14 years ago

I have read some of the posts regarding BP disease and the use of corn meal and I am very eager to try out the suggestion on my yard, which is showing an increase in brown patch as the summer has gone on. I did read somewhere that the corn meal is only an option if you have NOT used any chemicals on your lawn. I have had LawnDoctor(c) out over the last two months to treat my lawn for weeds, mole crickets, and the BP and I was wondering how long do I need to wait before trying the corn meal? I assume I should discontinue their service before any application but should I wait until next year? They have very well getting some of the weeds under control but the BP appears to be spreading and I really want to try the corn meal. Can I continue to have them spray for weeds but stop any BP treatment or should I just discontinue the service entirely. Also, what watering schedule should I be on? It seems that the BP is associated with watering. Keep in mind it is very hot in my area and my front yard faces east and gets a lot of sun. Any advice would be appreciated and I thank you for the time.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery