Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawnboy6501

Dry Lawn

lawnboy6501
14 years ago

We live close to the Gulf Coast in Florida with a sandy soil. I have been on the organic menu for the last 2 ½ years. Our St. Augustine lawn cannot last for the entire week without watering twice and when I water, I make certain that there is at least one inch of water placed throughout the lawn. I have a shallow well but we still should only water one a week. Our lawn would be dead if we only watered once a week. I realize that I have been battling fungus almost all year long even though I have placed several applications of horticultural corn meal on the lawn. I probably have contributed to the fungus problem by having a dull blade on my lawn mower. In addition to the corn meal, I have put soybean meal out three times this year and approximately 30 bags of Black Cow compost have been added to my 1,400 sq. ft lawn. My wife constantly expands her flower gardens so I have less and less lawn to worry about.

I also monthly spray a combination of molasses, seaweed, iron and fish emulsion on the lawn.

If anyone can help me with the above problem, I certainly would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Comments (2)