Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaye_gw

Plant Swap??

kaye
19 years ago

If I am central enough to NW Arkansas, I would love to host a plant swap this spring. We are 25 miles south of Ft. Smith off Hwy. 71, an easy drive from NW Arkansas, a couple hours from Tulsa and about the same from the Russelville area. Jay was gracious to have us in the fall and maybe we could do two a year, spring and fall. It was a lovely time at his garden and the spring brings new possibilities to swap. Any takers?? I know Beerhog is up for trading! A friend in Mena and I plan to try to make Rig Red's plant swap but this might be closer for the northeners. Date would have to be after the two going on already. Feedback, please. Oh, and there should be a lot of roses blooming here then.

Comments (23)

• oakleif
    19 years ago

Kaye, I'm interested.I know you're only a short distance from me. Is it Greenwood?
    We did have a lot of fun at Jays. I'd love to see the roses.
    Vickie

• bigred
    19 years ago

Morning Kaye,
    Sure hope you can make it to our 3rd. Annual Garden Swap. Please let me know if you need more info and directions.

PP

• deafblossom
    19 years ago

Hey Kaye~

Yes.. I am very much intersted to go to your Plant Swap party. I thought it would be great for people go to yours in the Spring and then go over Jays in the fall because both spring and fall, mostly perennial plants can be divided then.. I have some hardy perennials for trading.

Rig Red is the same people (BigRed)?? I have never visited those plant swap party. I think.. Big Red lives farther south, near Texas, however my mother and father in laws lives near Camden!

I wanna see your lovely roses in your yard!

Kat

• jodonne
    19 years ago

I don't have anything to swap but I just want to see your place in bloom Kaye!!! I was wanting to get by there last year but could never find time... If the offer is still open I promise to get by this spring!?!??!?

• kaye
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I checked the calendar (which I didn't do last night) and to catch the most roses in bloom, April 30, May 7 or 14 would be the best. Any of those dates work for me for a plant swap..

Vickie, we're about 10 miles south of Greenwood, 2 miles off Hwy 71 west of Mansfield.

jodonne, you don't have to bring anything to swap..but you just might go home with plants..most gardeners love to share. You are welcome to come anytime this spring.

Bigred, thanks..I know where Ashdown is..been thru there many times. Hilda is coming up today and we are going to try to plan the trip down.

• Dori_NE_Oklahoma
    19 years ago

Hi Kaye,
    I am interested too, if you are close enough. Aren't you north of Hot Springs? (I am an hour west of Springdale/Fayettville.)
    I was glad to see your date ideas. May 7,8 is Mother's Day weekend though, and I couldn't make it then.
    It would be wonderful to meet you and other gardeners in the area, and to see your beautiful roses! I have a friend in Fayettville that might be interested too.
    I don't visit here every day, but will be checking back periodically. Feel free to email me directly if you need to.
    Dori

• Dori_NE_Oklahoma
    19 years ago

Ok---I looked back and saw your location! LOL
    That is only 2.5 to 3 hours away. Definitely interested in attending!
    Dori (again)

• deafblossom
    19 years ago

OH Kaye.. The date for May 8 to 10 or 11.. I will be out of town to go to DC for my neice's graduate college. I am not sure if I will go? Kat

• kaye
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dori, I'd love to have you come..

I talked to Hilda and Beerhog this weekend and the date of May 14 seems to work for them. How about it??

• redhotflowermama
    19 years ago

Would love to come should be back from vacation by then. Am off to see vicksburg the week before that. Would love to come. Want to see your roses also. april is good also for me. Judy

• oakleif
    19 years ago

May 14 is fine with me.
    Vickie

• thorn
    19 years ago

Hey Kaye,
    Sure will try to make this one. I have several things to trade...always looking for something new. I have the date written on my daughters calender since she will have to take over my babysitting for the day. Can we make a wish list somewhere along the way? I'd be glad to make a list of all I have to trade...how do we do this?
    Hilda

• Dori_NE_Oklahoma
    19 years ago

Hi Kaye
    May 14 sounds great to me. Tell me how I can help you out with this.
    Should everyone bring a covered dish or ?? (in addition to plants/garden items to trade).
    Thanks so much for even considering doing this. I cannot wait to see your garden and to meet you and other area gardeners!
    Dori

• deafblossom
    19 years ago

May 14th is on Saturday. It maybe?? not works for me. Sent you email..

• kaye
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Kat has a problem coming on Sat, the 14th. If we moved to Sunday, the 15th, would anyone have a problem with it?? Makes no difference to me, either works. Just let me know.

• Dori_NE_Oklahoma
    19 years ago

The 15th is fine with me too.
    Dori

• oakleif
    19 years ago

15th is fine with me.
    Vickie

• redhotflowermama
    19 years ago

Will have to skip church but am willing to come on sunday. Hope to see everyone again. Plant show this weekend. Cant hardly wait. Judy

• wish2okc
    19 years ago

Kaye,
    I'd like to add my happy birthday to all the others. You are quite popular! About the swap....since I am starting over on an new, virtually bare lot, I really have nothing to swap, but after seeing the photo on your page, I would dearly love to come to see your garden! I did transplant some things to my mother's when I left my house in Tennessee and maybe I can get something back from her to bring to the swap.Let me know if it might be ok for me to come. Thanks!

Jane

• kaye
    Original Author
    19 years ago

May 15 is a defininite for the date and pot luck will be great. I'll do the meats(a ham and chickens) and some veggies. Everyone just bring what suits them best. Maybe we ought to post what we'd like to bring so there isn't too much overlapping. It worked well at Jay's last fall. I have plates and cups, Dori is bringing plasticware and maybe potato salad. Hilda is bringing baked beans and a desert. How about 11:00 AM..that will give time for the ones further off to get here without leaving at the crack of dawn. I'll email directions a little later. If you don't have anything to swap, just bring a dish and yourself! We'll have a good time and get to meet new and old friends.

• owiebrain
    19 years ago

I'm hopping over from the Okie board (thanks, beerhog!) to let you know, Kaye, that I emailed you. :-)

• kathy_ann
    19 years ago

Hum, Just saw this post, How far are you from Searcy Arkansas? may l4th is a good date. Do you have a swap list set up yet?

kathy_ann

• kaye
    Original Author
    19 years ago

kathy_ann..checking the map, Searcy is 177 miles from Ft. Smith and I'm 25 miles south. Would love to have you come. Beerhog and I drove that far (at least) to Jay's last fall and really enjoyed the day. May 15 is the date we've decided on..

Swap lists can be done on your member page..that might be the easiest way to set up advanced trades.

Sponsored
Third-Generation Family-Owned Masonry Supplier in Virginia