Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayreynolds_gw

I'm Planning a fall Plant Swap

jayreynolds
19 years ago

Please let me know if there is any interest in a fall swap at my place. The location would be northcentral Arkansas, near Calico Rock, south of Mountain Home, AR and north of Mountain View, AR. I am also interested in setting the date in September, either a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Let me know your preference, please. I will provide a barbecue.

There is room for camping and a water/elec hookup, and an 1860 log cabin, BYO mattresses.

Jay Reynolds

Here is a link that might be useful: Click for map of the area

Comments (30)

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    19 years ago

Hi Jay. A swap in the central AR area would be great. Count me in along with my daughter and probably my girlfriend who I know would enjoy! Either Saturaday or Sunday would be fine for us. Let us know what we can bring to help out with the BBQ.

Darlene

• kaye
    19 years ago

Sounds good to me..not that far. Maybe I can talk Beerhog into coming, too. A Sunday would be best for me. I've got a lot of "stuff" I need to find homes for.

• oakleif
    19 years ago

HI Jay, i'd love to come if i can. I've said i'd come to 2 others and was in hospital both times. I feel so good i'm sure to make it this time. The 25 & 26 of Sept. have got family reunion. But can make it any other time. Let me know what I can bring. Have Iris and Daylillies i can bring to trade.
    thanks, oakleif

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok, this is looking like there is enough interest, I am in contact with at least four others, so that makes eight, including myself. Let's give it until next weekend and maybe others will see this notice. Perhaps you three might be able to spread the word among some acquaintances either in your network of friends or via GW. Thanks for responding and offering to help. For anyone else, be sure to let me know what date you might prefer, but I will second the motion for a Sunday event.
    Jay

• deafblossom
    19 years ago

Hey Jay.. I will come back home from Indy on coming Saturday. Then please let me know when you will make a final decision with date. I may ask my two girl friends to go with me.. Thank you, Kat

• redhotflowermama
    19 years ago

If can carpool would love to come from over by Russellville. Some one email me please. Redhot aka Judy

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Jay, I'd love to come if I can get off work. I work on Sunday but am off on Friday and Saturday. I've been taking off quite a bit lately so don't know if I can get off or not. Let me know the date please and I'll try to make it.

Judy, am I on your way there? If so, we can get together and go part of the way together if I get to go.

Nancy

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    19 years ago

I'm in the area near Fairfield Bay. Anyone needing a ride is more than welcome. My daughter has a van we'll probably use so there will be extra room.

Jay have you decided on a date yet?

Darlene

• beerhog
    19 years ago

If Kaye is going and I can take off work (or play sick) or do not have to work, count me in.
    Beerhog

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I have decided to have the plant swap on Sunday, September 19th, beginning at 12 noon and through the afternoon. Please check my member page for more info.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Jay

• Gladys
    19 years ago

Hey Jay........I found you....I just thought I was lost!!!! I will be there unless something comes up that I don't know. And I will bring all that I can gather up (friends that is), also plants. A potting I shall go>>>>>>> Here's looking forward to my first Swap. If there is any thing I can bring let me know, I'll tell one of my friends that that will be the cost of the "ride along" LOL just kidding. just let me know. Gladys

• redhotflowermama
    19 years ago

That sounds good. Will have to see what we can get together. Will bring my DH if comming. This will be fun. Judy

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Click on the link below to get directions to the swap.
    Also, please see my member page for a list of plants I will have to trade.

Here is a link that might be useful: Directions To The Fall Swap

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    19 years ago

I've made a list, started dividing plants, and printed the directions you posted a link to. Please let us know what we can bring to help out. Sides, supplies, beverages??

Darlene

• dak001
    19 years ago

sure wished I would of seen this sooner,,,I don't have one single plant to trade,,just moved to Arkansas Mtn Home and need plants badly,,,,any plants free to a new home out there needing adoption? Tx_Dak@yahoo.com

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Don't worry, Dak, I have some plants for you, and likely others will help get you started, we all had to start somehow. I have emailed all of you asking for confirmation of how many I need to cook for. Please contact me. I could use help with side dishes and beverages, I'll handle the barbecue. How about it?
    Jay

• Gladys
    19 years ago

Hey there.....So far It's only me coming, May talk hubby into joining. I'll bring a side and some drinks, and a goodie for desert!!! See ya all there. Gladys

• oakleif
    19 years ago

Jay, There's three of us coming. I'll bring cokes and diet cokes and cole slaw
    And plastic cups. I know Judy will bring something also
    Vickie

• dak001
    19 years ago

Jay,,If I make it there will be 2 of us,,,How about some Mexican corn bread. You can also drop me a line about what you need. will bring something to drink also...Celia aka Dak

• deafblossom
    19 years ago

Hey Jay..

A friend and my hubby will join with me (3 of us) for your plant swap! I will bring fresh vegetables and homemade dill weed dip.

Dak.. I will bring you some plenty of seeds and perennial plants for your new home.

See ya there..
    kat

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That is all fine, and thank you for your offerings, gladly accepted. I am also looking forward to meeting all of you.
    Jay

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    19 years ago

Jay, when you have an idea of the number coming to the swap would you let us know so those of us bringing extra food items snd supplies can plan to have plenty?

I hope you know we appreciate your hosting the swap! I'm really looking forward to meeting all the folks I read posts from here on the Ozark forum.

Thanks,
    Darlene

• redhotflowermama
    19 years ago

How about if I bring the junk food. Twinkies HOHO and such? This sounds like so much fun. Will also bring some chips and salsa. Judy

• kaye
    19 years ago

I've volunteered the beans..and homemade pickles.

• beerhog
    19 years ago

So far I have starts for running elephant ears, a few seed for green castor beans, one rooted begonia(do not know its name but it is a foliage one), a large arrowhead plant, starts of blue potato bush(Or that is what Lowes was selling it as), Umbrella plant, and some other things.

{{gwi:1106787}}

Phothos

{{gwi:1106788}}

Heartleaf Philodendron

The above are cuttings.

{{gwi:1106789}}

Running Elephant Ears

{{gwi:1106790}}

Butterfly bush

{{gwi:1106791}}P>
    Begonia

This is the mother plant.

{{gwi:1106792}}

Cyperus alternifolius (Umbrella plant)

• wezey
    19 years ago

GOSH!!! I've been reading about all the FOOD everyone is brnging and I AM ON ATKINS!!!!!! Can I resist it? I don't know....:-) Gonna try to come Jay. I live in Mtn Home as you know. I have been repotting today and they aren't ready (no roots), but I have a BUNCH of houseplant starts to bring and a few perennials and seeds. I'll bring a cake and.....something...:-) LOUISE (Wezey)

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    19 years ago

I'm ready! The tater salad is chilling and the marinated salad is marinating. Plants are potted and directions are printed off. Seeds are sitting on the counter ready to go in the car. My daughter said she was making a homemade chocolate cake (I've tasted her choc. cake and it is yummy!) and we are also bringing styrofoam plates and paper napkins. Oh yeah, Kopper also said she was going to make lemonade. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Jay, if ya need anything else email me and I'll pick it up on the way!

Darlene (gg)

• kaye
    19 years ago

Truck's loaded, beans are in the crock pot and I'm picking Beerhog up at 8..hope that gives us enough time to get there by 12. If we're late..start without us!

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

I wish I was coming but I won't be able to. I hope everyone has a terrific time. Don't eat too much and be sure to take lots of pictures. I want to see what everyone looks like and how much smiling you all did. Great pics beerhog! I love that begonia, it's gorgeous!

Nancy

• jayreynolds
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok, everything is a 'go', and I'm firing things up around here, after coffee, of course. Hope to see all of you soon.
    any problems, call me.
    Jay

Sponsored