Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

snow

helenh
14 years ago

It is snowing here and 29 degrees by Glenda's projection clock on the ceiling. Bitter cold is supposed to come after this. I will be staying home by my wood stove.

Comments (9)

• sweetwm007
    14 years ago

we have about 2 inches of snow this am and it is still snowing. temp is at 26 blistering degrees.

we have lived here 3 1/2 yrs and this is the longest stretch of cold weather during that time. more to come.

william- in yellville

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Don't you just love that clock! I check it every time I open my eyes during the night. It has warmed up some, 29°.

We have about 4 inches on and it is still snowing here.

Our son is on his way from the KC area. I hope he doesn't have any trouble.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

The roads were slick today. Hope your family made it to your house safely Glenda.
    They were off quite a bit with the forecast weren't they. I wasn't expecting this much snow. Yesterday, they were saying that Wednesday/Thursday's snow would be more significant. Hope they're wrong about that. It's supposed to get down below zero so I guess I should be happy about the extra insulation.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

They got in fine and are in Springfield visiting the grandparents right now.

I am glad we have all this snow if it is getting that blasted cold. The insulation will be wonderful.

I am guessing 5 inches out here.

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

We got snow too. I don't think it's but about an inch or a little more. It's snowed all day but mostly was very fine but hard.

• ladycraft
    14 years ago

Don't know for sure but I'm sure there is at least 4" and I would guess 6". But it was so dry that we had no trouble getting to work. Kids may be out of school all week. Our thermometer said 24 degrees at 4:30 am but I think it is because its covered in snow. The satellite thingy can't read correctly. Wish we could make a snowman. Kathy

• oakleif
    14 years ago

We've got about an inch of snow and it's on our dirt road and slick. There are a few ice patches on hwy21. I'll be staying home the next couple of weeks. Have a warm house and plenty to eat.Hope everyone else has the same.
    Those low temps do scare me a little, We just don't have those kind of lows.
    Everyone please stay safe and warm.
    Vickie

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Have you seen how windy it's supposed to be Wednesday night and Thursday? I checked our propane today and filled my van's gas tank.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't have a reason to drive in it so I don't. My driveway is covered but I'm sure I could get out. I am sure the main roads are OK but it is too cold and you never know when you could have vehicle trouble. Those darn birds are going through the sunflower seeds like mad. I hope I don't run out. They are eating the cat food too. A smarty little wren and tufted tit mice are the worst cat food thieves. I am having trouble with dog discipline. Blacky my old dog has a heated throw and Beau keeps getting on it. Then Blacky lays on the cold snow and drinks ice water when he has a bed and a bowl of water. I snuck in and found Spanky in the barn under the light bulb. Cats are not dumb about stuff that benefits them.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting