Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

Fort Smith Flower and Garden Show March 9 to 11

oakleif
17 years ago

For anyone in driving distance,this is a

must go event.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's at the convention center.

Something great to look forward to.

vickie

Comments (17)

• redhotflowermama
    17 years ago

Yup is at the convention center. Wonder if Kaye will be there with the roses this year. Judy

• birdieluv
    17 years ago

Can I get more particulars on this show? We are pretty new to the area and have just begun to get interested in doing some gardening.

Thanks!
    Terry

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Copyed this from Kaye,s post in 05
    Fort Smith
    Arkansas Rivervalley Lawn and Garden Show
    Fort Smith Convention Center

The Master Gardeners and Cooperative service of the U of A Sponsers this garden related expo.
    booths,mini lectures and demonstrations.

Show hours Fri and Sat 9-7pm Sun 10-5
    Admission $3 (Maybe more now)
    ages 12 and under free with adult.
    The convention Center is downtown and i get lost as a goose downtown and usually look for a policeman for directions.
    The Ozarks Heritage Center gave lectures and had a booth. I bought some herb plants , a
    red sedum , red yarrow, lavender,a beautiful stained glass clock with hummers on it and bought a subscription to Arkansas Gardener magazine that i had'nt heard of before. I also had a lot of fun just looking.

• deafblossom
    17 years ago

Hello!!

I am very much intersted to go to FS Flower and Garden Show! Can you please give me the address and zip code. So I can use google to get the map. Thanks! kat

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kat, the address is
    55 S 7th street
    Fort Smith AR

ph. 479-788-8932

vickie

• JamesY40
    17 years ago

Judy,
    I was wondering if Kaye was going to be there also. She traded me the most beautiful Rose (Easy Going) James

• kaye
    17 years ago

We'll be going for sure but we don't have a booth there. I usually end up buying plants and enjoying the displays. Annie usually has a booth with a lot of very nice plants. She has an herb nursery close to Cedarville and we try to go up every year. Another nursery in our area that carries a lot of different plants is Blossomberry in Clarksville. A bunch of us get together and go each spring on a buying frenzy.

We do have a lot of roses this spring..Ron was busy propagating last fall. I don't know what we'll do with all of them..running out of room here to plant more.

I'm so glad winter is almost over..I've had a bad case of "cabin fever".

• JamesY40
    17 years ago

Kaye, I haven't heard of Blossomberry. What is it about this nursery that's attractive? James

• christie_sw_mo
    17 years ago

You guys are lucky. There are never many plants for sale at our lawn and garden show in Spfd. They have it too early for that. There has been a vendor here in the past that was from Ark. I think they specialize in bamboo and had a lot of cool plants for sale. I don't think they had a booth there this year though.

• kaye
    17 years ago

James, Blossomberry carries many plants that you don't find anywhere else and the prices are very reasonable. We always find something we haven't seen or heard of before. We have a friend that is a plant collector and she was amazed at the variety. She is coming up from Texas to go there again this year. We're thinking it will be the weekend of the L&G Show.

Christie, there aren't a lot of plants for sale at the Ft. Smith show either but always a couple of booths.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

James, blossomberrys is north of Clarksville on hwy 21 across from the Ozark National Forest info
    headquarters. I live 20 mi up 21 and off on a dirt road. I've bought a lot of flowers and herbs from them,last year i bought a lot of creeping phlox from him since i found out it'll take the heat and drought without much care. I buy my potting soil from him too. It's the same as he uses and is so much better than any i can get anywhere else. The only drawback is it comes in a very large bag but i just store it.
    Kaye have you heard of Pineridge Gardens? It's between Clarksville and Russelville near London off hwy 64. They have a lot of native plants. I have'nt been there but plan on going. They're first open house is'nt untill March 24th, 9 till 5. But they say they'll open if you let them know ahead.
    I heard about it on the OK forum.
    vickie

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineridge Gardens

• kaye
    17 years ago

Vickie, I've heard of Pineridge but haven't been there. Another place to visit this spring as I'm retired now. Ron and we talking tonight about planning a trip down to Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs this spring when the azaleas et al are blooming. It's an amazing place and Beerhog, Hilda and I went last fall when nothing much was blooming. I'll be sure to wear the walking shoes this time!

We're tenatively planning to be at Blossomberry on the 10th of March..maybe you could join us..would love to visit with you again.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kaye, would love to see you there.
    vickie

• JamesY40
    17 years ago

The trip to Blossomberrys sounds like a lot of fun, but I have a trip scheduled to Batesville that day. I wonder if there are any nurseries there? James

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

James ,make a special post at top and ask about nurserys around Batesville. There, probably some others that would like to know.
    There,s no sense in wasting a trip to Batesville if there's a nursery you can visit.LOL
    vickie

• oakleif
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm going to Ft. Smith Friday and spend the night (can't see well at night anymore to drive)
    and go both days to the flower show. So excited i can't stand it.
    vickie

• JamesY40
    17 years ago

I am looking forward to being there on and off over the weekend. James

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting