Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fort Smith Flower and Garden Show March 9 to 11

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 20, 07 at 6:33

For anyone in driving distance,this is a
must go event.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's at the convention center.

Something great to look forward to.
vickie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fort Smith Flower and Garden Show March 9 to 11

Yup is at the convention center. Wonder if Kaye will be there with the roses this year. Judy

o

Can I get more particulars on this show? We are pretty new to the area and have just begun to get interested in doing some gardening.

Thanks!
Terry

o

Copyed this from Kaye,s post in 05
Fort Smith
Arkansas Rivervalley Lawn and Garden Show
Fort Smith Convention Center

The Master Gardeners and Cooperative service of the U of A Sponsers this garden related expo.
booths,mini lectures and demonstrations.

Show hours Fri and Sat 9-7pm Sun 10-5
Admission $3 (Maybe more now)
ages 12 and under free with adult.
The convention Center is downtown and i get lost as a goose downtown and usually look for a policeman for directions.
The Ozarks Heritage Center gave lectures and had a booth. I bought some herb plants , a
red sedum , red yarrow, lavender,a beautiful stained glass clock with hummers on it and bought a subscription to Arkansas Gardener magazine that i had'nt heard of before. I also had a lot of fun just looking.

o

Hello!!

I am very much intersted to go to FS Flower and Garden Show! Can you please give me the address and zip code. So I can use google to get the map. Thanks! kat

o

Kat, the address is
55 S 7th street
Fort Smith AR

ph. 479-788-8932

vickie

o

Judy,
I was wondering if Kaye was going to be there also. She traded me the most beautiful Rose (Easy Going) James

o

• Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 9:09

We'll be going for sure but we don't have a booth there. I usually end up buying plants and enjoying the displays. Annie usually has a booth with a lot of very nice plants. She has an herb nursery close to Cedarville and we try to go up every year. Another nursery in our area that carries a lot of different plants is Blossomberry in Clarksville. A bunch of us get together and go each spring on a buying frenzy.

We do have a lot of roses this spring..Ron was busy propagating last fall. I don't know what we'll do with all of them..running out of room here to plant more.

I'm so glad winter is almost over..I've had a bad case of "cabin fever".

o

Kaye, I haven't heard of Blossomberry. What is it about this nursery that's attractive? James

o

You guys are lucky. There are never many plants for sale at our lawn and garden show in Spfd. They have it too early for that. There has been a vendor here in the past that was from Ark. I think they specialize in bamboo and had a lot of cool plants for sale. I don't think they had a booth there this year though.

o

Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 15:55

James, Blossomberry carries many plants that you don't find anywhere else and the prices are very reasonable. We always find something we haven't seen or heard of before. We have a friend that is a plant collector and she was amazed at the variety. She is coming up from Texas to go there again this year. We're thinking it will be the weekend of the L&G Show.

Christie, there aren't a lot of plants for sale at the Ft. Smith show either but always a couple of booths.

o

James, blossomberrys is north of Clarksville on hwy 21 across from the Ozark National Forest info
headquarters. I live 20 mi up 21 and off on a dirt road. I've bought a lot of flowers and herbs from them,last year i bought a lot of creeping phlox from him since i found out it'll take the heat and drought without much care. I buy my potting soil from him too. It's the same as he uses and is so much better than any i can get anywhere else. The only drawback is it comes in a very large bag but i just store it.
Kaye have you heard of Pineridge Gardens? It's between Clarksville and Russelville near London off hwy 64. They have a lot of native plants. I have'nt been there but plan on going. They're first open house is'nt untill March 24th, 9 till 5. But they say they'll open if you let them know ahead.
I heard about it on the OK forum.
vickie

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineridge Gardens

o

Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 19:18

Vickie, I've heard of Pineridge but haven't been there. Another place to visit this spring as I'm retired now. Ron and we talking tonight about planning a trip down to Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs this spring when the azaleas et al are blooming. It's an amazing place and Beerhog, Hilda and I went last fall when nothing much was blooming. I'll be sure to wear the walking shoes this time!

We're tenatively planning to be at Blossomberry on the 10th of March..maybe you could join us..would love to visit with you again.

o

Kaye, would love to see you there.
vickie

o

The trip to Blossomberrys sounds like a lot of fun, but I have a trip scheduled to Batesville that day. I wonder if there are any nurseries there? James

o

James ,make a special post at top and ask about nurserys around Batesville. There, probably some others that would like to know.
There,s no sense in wasting a trip to Batesville if there's a nursery you can visit.LOL
vickie

o

I'm going to Ft. Smith Friday and spend the night (can't see well at night anymore to drive)
and go both days to the flower show. So excited i can't stand it.
vickie

o

I am looking forward to being there on and off over the weekend. James

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here