Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Spring day in January

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

I thought I was looking at the wrong thing this morning when I brought up the temp on the computer and it said 61 at six am, still dark outside. I knew it was supposed to be warm today but didn't expect it be warm so early.

The nice weather is very convenient for Jackson because when I let him in last night, we discovered that he'd had a close encounter with a skunk (again). He's going to get a bath after while. Last night would've been better but it was dark and I sure wasn't going to do it inside.
My carpet smells a little too because he did a few running loops around the living room with his nose against the carpet trying to get the smell off of his face before we could catch him. It's like trying to catch a horse. We finally got him in his carrier and he started drooling. lol Poor thing must have had a bad taste in his mouth. He'd get more sympathy if this wasn't a repeat offense.
I think we used the peroxide/baking soda/Dawn recipe last time so I'll try that. Chloe must've been smart enough to stay away from the skunk this time which surprises me. She's normally more of a critter chaser than Jackson. Maybe she has a better memory.

I need to try to get a little yard work done while it's warm today too If I'm not exhausted after giving Jackson a bath. lol It would be a good day to get out my pruners/loppers.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner