Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

Nova on Monarch butterflies

helenh
15 years ago

I am recording it tonight. Someone from the Oklahoma forum suggested it.

Comments (7)

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Glad you reminded me. I had already forgotten about it!

• gldno1
    15 years ago

helen, I watched it. I had no idea about the 5 generation thing. I do love PBS!

Never miss Masterpiece on Sunday nights.

• noxtra
    15 years ago

The Friends of the Garden are planning a butterfly festival to be held at Close Memorial Park in July. Plans are to have a butterfly house up by May 15th. I don't think the house will be open all the time but should be open a few hours per week due to limited manpower. The house will be landscaped and filled with host plants inside and out. We are working on a limited budget but have received a thousand dollar donation already to purchase the butterflies and chrysalis. There will be plenty of volunteer opportunities to help.....hint, hint, hint!!

See the newsletter for more Close Park News.

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter newsletter

• helenh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the newsletter. I really should donate a little to them as much as I enjoy those gardens. The author mentioned sounds interesting.

• helenh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

noxtra I found this through your link. You all may know of it already, but I was pleased to find it. I like the sellers page, I need to find directions to these places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ozark Gardens

• noxtra
    15 years ago

Helen, here is a hint, I'm married to Peggy and you can find most of those sellers at the Greater Springfield Farmers Market especially on Saturday morning. The fellow who writes the Ozarks Gardens page is usually out there chatting with all the growers.

I put the newsletter together and write the fiendsofthegarden.org website. There is a lot about to happen in the horticultural community here in Southwest Missouri....stay tuned!!

Look for the Butterfly festival one weekend and Bluegrass & Blossoms another weekend this July. We are always looking for good gardeners or not so good gardeners to help build and maintain gardens there. Memberships are optional.....or just visit the gardens and enjoy them....

Lee

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

I missed it! If someone sees that they're going to repeat it, let me know.

Lee - It's great to hear from you. We'll be sure and go to the butterfly festival. That's something the kids and I would love. I bet my hubby will be willingly dragged along as well. Hope the fundraising is going well. The current economy doesn't help.

I'm anxious for the Farmer's Market to get going again. I like giving my business to local growers. I know the majority of them are in it for the joy of gardening and I feel it's my civic duty to help support their habit. lol I found a big and blooming 'Alabama Crimson' honeysuckle there last year that I'd been in search of for my hummingbird garden for so long. I can't remember who was selling them. Peggy's Flower's always has unusual and beautiful plants - lots for shade. You two should be very proud. I'm sure it must require a great deal of hard work. I can't even keep my own yard in shape, much less grow extras to sell.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm