Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Summer photos

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

I thought someone might need some warm colors to take their mind off the frigid temps. I went outside for awhile this afternoon and mulched my salvias a little heavier. I'd hate to lose them. It didn't take very long for my legs to start feeling numb. I don't think it got as warm as the forecast said it would. The highest temp I saw was 11. Hope that doesn't mean it will get colder tonight.

Photobucket has been taking forever to load for me and last time I tried to post photos it wouldn't work so I hope you can see these.

Disclaimer: These are not recent photos. : )

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/ChrisN_MO/DSC01670.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/ChrisN_MO/DSC01456.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/ChrisN_MO/DSC01165.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/ChrisN_MO/DSC00923.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (14)

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

• mulberryknob
    15 years ago

Lovely, lovely! Thanks for sharing.

• helenh
    15 years ago

Beautiful hot colors. I don't know what I am doing differently on photobucket. I used to make thumbnails that would enlarge on clicking. Now the pictures come up 65% which you can make full size corrupted by a page full of ads. If I don't do something everyday I forget how I did it before. I don't like all that trash showing up with my pictures.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

OH, would you just look at that.
    I can't believe it is so cold.
    You are right about the going numb.
    Went out and covered my hosta bed a little deeper and put a blanket over the pansy bed. It felt like I had been out for ever, when it was only minutes.
    Thank you
    Bonnie

• missfourseasons
    15 years ago

Christie: What are those purple flowers?

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks
    I'm having trouble posting thumbnails too. I know there are some people that can't get the bigger photos like these to load and I apologize. Maybe Photobucket will get the bugs worked out soon.
    The purple flowers are verbena bonariensis. I like them but they reseed heavily. I didn't deadhead mine last summer and I may wish I had.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

What a breath of summer that is! We need it right about now.

Christie, are your zinnias still standing? If so, I would try the seeds. Mine self-seed so the cold might not hurt them. That is such a gorgeous color.

You are probably one of those neat gardeners that get rid of all dead stuff right away..........unlike some of the rest of us!

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol - I'm not one of those neat gardeners at all. Some of my zinnias are still standing and some of them I pulled out a couple weeks ago when we had a warm day and piled them in the fence row. I didn't look real close but I don't remember seeing seeds. I think the birds had gotten them already. I thought about saving seeds from the red ones but I don't know if the seedlings would've been the same color anyway. I wouldn't be able to tell now which ones were the colors I liked. They were all mixed.

• pamcrews
    15 years ago

Oh Christie. What wonderful pictures...especially as I look out the window now and see that it's snowing! How many more months until summer? I can't wait! Please, please save me some of your verbena bonariensis seed this year...I'll find something to trade with you or even trade you my first born..(If the Navy doesn't mind giving her up now..heheh)

GLDNO1....I'd be happy to send you some Zinna seeds. I have more than I'll ever be able to plant this year. Send me your address in an email.

You all stay warm...this cold can't last forever.

Pam

• helenh
    15 years ago

I'm looking forward to this:

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Beautiful Helen! That bottom one with the barn in the background looks like something out of a garden magazine.

I'll be glad to collect some seeds for you Pam or even send you some seedlings so you'll have some this summer. I don't know how well they will transplant if I dig them up and mail them, but we could try.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Pam, thank you so much but I bought zinnia seeds when I sent in my garden seed order about a month ago. I think I just got mixed colors....will be saving some of the best colors from those. They may mix; I don't know.

Helen, what is that gorgeous orange plant? It all looks so pretty.

• pamcrews
    15 years ago

What a wonderful garden Helen. So much color. Just great! Thanks Christie for the offer but I can wait for seeds. I don't seem to have much luck with seedlings. And by then I hope to have something growing in my garden for you that you just can't live without.

Looking forward to spring!
    Pam

• sweetwm007
    15 years ago

all the pics are very nice.
    william