helenh_gw

Look what UPS brought

helenh
14 years ago

From California

Comments (8)

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Lucky you! Do you know what you're going to start on them yet? And can you use them for foot warmers until this cold weather has passed? lol

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I guess I will have to stop talking and spring into action. I have been wanting seed starting mats but I am tight with money sometimes especially when I can do things the hard way. It was nice to get a surprise package. I also have a tomato book ordered something to look forward to. I like to get packages!

That is funny about foot warmers. I have two dogs outside and Annie who comes in and out. The old dog was cold and shivering so I plugged in an electric mattress pad. The wrong dog kept getting on it so now I have an electric throw and an electric mattress pad. The cats have light bulbs but Puffy has been sitting on the step meowing so I put cat food in there and called Puffy. I am out of bird food so I have emptied my cabinet of stale cereal. They were killing themselves on my window too. I have fiddled around all day and lots of it has to do with animal trouble.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I just love it when the UPS truck pulls into the driveway!

Now, are you all set up with lights to grow the flats?

I will be starting snaps and onions very shortly.

I got my last seed order from SESE yesterday. So far, they are the most efficient people I have ordered from.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Since Ceresone got me hooked on tomatoes, I've not been thinking of starting flowers. It is too early for tomatoes or coleus cuttings. I will have to clear the shelves in the basement. The light fixtures are in the barn and will have to be cleaned. It will give me something to work on. The birds were still hitting the glass this morning; this time the door.

• peggiewho
    14 years ago

"The difference between adversity and adventure is attitude." There is a lot of activity at helenh's house! You seem to be figuring out solutions. Maybe not to your satisfaction but I am sure your efforts will help get the animals through. Birds hitting windows is a problem here too. The more traffic the more accidents.
    Helenh we will be looking forward to updates on seedling mat use. It is early to start seeds. DH thinks those mats look like dog warmers. What ever it takes!

• sweetwm007
    14 years ago

helen- i think hot and sweet peppers should be started here in february. they take longer than tomatoes and respond well to bottom heat. since they don't grow as fast as tomatoes it gives you more time before you pot up. just my opinion.

william

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank William and good to hear from you. Have you stopped making things?

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I will be starting onion seeds and snaps in February. I just give peppers 6-8 weeks and start about the time I do tomatoes.

Sponsored