helenh_gw

weather again

helenh
15 years ago

Check out the forecast. Time to play.

Comments (6)

• gldno1
    15 years ago

I vow to remove all the leaves from the front yard...to the flower beds....if I can get the mower started to pull the garden cart around. I have enlisted DH's assistance with the mower.

We have a two-day window to get things done!

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Not bad for January.
    I cleaned out the gargage this week. There were lots of leaves in there. It's nice to have the garage door open and not freeze.
    I picked up seed pods from my mimosa tree and need to go hunt for more so the seedlings won't come up by the hundreds. There's still some seed pods on the tree. They don't come down all at once and the wind can carry them for a pretty good distance.

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

It's already in the lower 50's this morning and going up to 67. They've lowered the rain/storm chances so it might be very nice today even if the sun doesn't shine.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Well, the battery was down on the mower, so we charged it all night. Hopefully, I will get the leaves today.

It was very pleasant out this morning taking care "cow" chores.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Got the mower and garden trailer hooked up and did the leaves!

Also mowed some leaves to help them break down. It was 70°. I also put a pile over my clump of dahlias and placed a huge clay pot over it.

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Sounds like you have it all taken care of gldno1.
    Christie I got mine swept out the other day as well.
    Yesterday I took up the christmas decorations from the flower beds. Then went back an watered them. I had turned the soil in a couple of the beds and they were just bone dry.
    I also put some water on the compost pile since the new beds were so dry I figured the compost must be dried out also. All that wind I get on that end of the house and lawn.
    Had my son hang up the outdoor half of the thermometer they had given me.
    I'm not so sure how well I will like being able to tell just how cold it is out side. lol
    Going to be cold today, So I'm off to paint the bathroom. Yes the fun just never stops around here.
    Bonnie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting