Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggiewho

Bad weather project.

peggiewho
14 years ago

It was a rainy day here at Pip-squeak Estates. The grounds keeper was busy with the rare orchid collection in the conservatory. We needed to plan a low retainer wall for the rose garden. I had nothing better to do so I went down to Lowe's and bought some cinder blocks and painted myself a faux brick wall. In place it will only be one block high with a painted cap. It was a lot of work but I think kind of fun. I like whimsy. When things dry out I will put them in place. We have a couple of rock walls and I suppose they will be here in 200 years. Sometimes I just want to do something inexpensive so I can change my mind next year maybe

I do buy good paint but it is left over interior and exterior and both hold up in the weather. I use what ever I have plus the wrong color that I buy special. In the store I pick out a brick color but it changes to different shades of pink in the drive home. Last time it was light pink this time it was dark pink. I use primer white, black and a very orange interior paint.

This kind of project works for me because it requires crooked and sloppy in order to look authentic. I have actually laid real bricks twice and it was authentic both times.

Comments (4)