Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwm007

picture test

sweetwm007
16 years ago

this will be a picture of some of the construction this spring and summer at our place. if it works!

william

Comments (9)

• gldno1
    16 years ago

William, it worked....very neat beds and I am envious of the greenhouse. How many of the raised beds do you have now?

BTW, the clickable feature on the picture worked. I was able to enlarge it.

Thanks for sharing....now when you get bored, you can do more.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

we have 10 raised beds. 5 for flowers and 5 for edibles. have just finished 4 more out of cedar for the strawbale gardening project.

william

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Good picture william.Don't wait till you're bored to post more pictures. You need the practice and we need the pictures. I like your greenhouse too. It looks like mine. Am considering replacing the plastic and using it. With the price of groceries going up ,may have to raise my own food again.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oaklief & gldno1- if you click on the picture and look up to the right, there are about 40 more. there is an arrow there. click on any of the pics up at the top right and they will come up. you can scroll back and forth with the arrow. hope you enjoy something.

william

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

Hey! Your cat looks almost exactly like mine! I'll have to post a pic one of these days if I ever figure out how to....I'm showing pictures of your greenhouse to my hubby so he'll get inspired :)

• gldno1
    16 years ago

I thought I had already responded, but must have goofed. I enjoyed the pictures very much. You had a very nice place to live. I especially loved the fence and wonderful flowering shrubs.

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Please disregard the above....I am having a senior morning!!!!

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

william... if you don't mind me being too nosey (if you do say so please). Where do you get your cedar? That is cedar right? I was thinking that looked really nice compared to my land scape timbers. I really don't like the looks of those. as that would be much lighter for me to pick up and move around to build as well. I mad 5 5'x5' beds last year and wow those are so heavy to lug around. Thanks
    Bonnie
    p.s. are they much more cost wise compared to the timbers?

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bonnie- if you are talking about the beds in the greenhouse picture, they are out of white oak. the beds empty weigh 300- 400 lbs. they have 1600 lbs of soil in each bed. each bed has weed barrier underneath.

i use a local sawmill for our outdoor things. a cedar board that is 1 x 6 x 8 ft is a little over 3 bucks. it is rough cut. i have just finished 4 cedar beds that are a ft deep, six ft long and 24 inches wide and if i have a pic on flickr, will post it for you. cedar is light. hope this helps.

william

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting