Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

strange circle of life works

jspeachyn5
16 years ago

Isn't it strange how the circle of life works? at least it seems that way to me. I know everything has a season and one shouldn't try to examine all of this too close. after all I'm not the only person on this planet that has gone through this. Alright here it is. We welcomed a new life into the world yesterday. My Daughter has given me a new grandson. We are al so happy for them. But on the other side of this fickle coin. Mahala is getting ready to die. She has kidney failure. So on this note I am trying to be happy when it's all a little sad really.

Well it's off to give her another shot and some pain meds.

Everyone have a great day. Looks to be sunny her. I'm sorry for rambling just needed to sort this out.Thanks.

Bonnie

Comments (14)

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Bonnie, I can't imagine how you are feeling; happy and yet so sad. I will be thinking of you. I just don't know what else to say. Life is indeed strange and sometimes we just don't understand.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Bonnie, I feel for you. It is hard to let go of one loved one as you gain another. Have been there and never figured it out. I guess just learn to accept. My prayers are with you.
    vickie

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Bonnie, How is Mahala? After asking about her name,i feel somehow a little close to her.
    vickie

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

She is comfortable. Thanks for asking. I got on the web and did some research. So I changed her diet and started her on some meds and herbs. she is moving around slowly now and has that really sad look. Like fix it momma. I'm trying. Going to see how this works. the vet says 8 years is good for her breed. 10 If your rich and want the expensive meds, and make her miserable longer. After going through cancer I know what pain unmanaged is like so I wouldn't want her to suffer. Thanks again. sorry this is so long.
    Bonnie

• beerhog
    16 years ago

I just lost one of mine to this same thing. Worked with him and got a few special months out of him. Sorry that you are going through this also.

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

Love and strength to you, Bonnie...At least the legacy will live on in your care.

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Bonnie - I'm catching up on reading posts after being off-line for a few days. Sorry to hear about Mahala. I'm sure it's very hard to watch her suffer. Congrats on your new grandson though. May be God's way of helping you get through this to have some joy in your life at the same time.
    Our two little Shelties are almost 9 years old now. I hadn't even thought about them getting "old" but I guess they are. They're from the same litter and have always been together so I know it will be tough when one of them loses their sister.

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Beerhog - I'm sorry. I meant to give you a hug too. So sorry about Oscar. How old was he?

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thaks for all the kind word everyone. Oscar looks like he would be a real companion. I think the bad part will be not having her right there following my every step outdoors. Also the neighbor will really think I'm strange talking to no one. Yes I'm one of those pet owner. I carry on conversations w/mahala. and before you ask she only answers with that look or tilt of her head and extra drool. lol
    Bonnie
    She was up and around today quite well. I'm hoping for a few months as well. Thanks.

• beerhog
    16 years ago

Oscar would have been 5 on July 6th. The extra time did me good to get ready for him to pass. It would have been a lot harder if he would have just went and I did not know why. He never seemed like he was in any pain so it made me feel better about keeping him on the IVs. Would not have done it if he was in pain.

• ceresone
    16 years ago

Bonnie, I know exactly how you feel--thats why I will NEVER have another dog--so much of me dies with them.
    My name--Ceresone?--My beloved Rottweiler, best friend and guard died in 1991--Ceres. Theres been others since her--and all very dear to my heart-but Ceres? She was part of me.
    She has a marble tombstone that says-- Ceres, Dear Friend--Just beyond the Moon.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Greg, i am so very sorry about your Oscar. He's a beautiful dog. Nothing can ever take the place of these special friends. But i have learned through the years that there are different personalities of other special friends out there waiting and needing our love so i always have a dog close to me. and each one is so special in their own way and will never be forgot.

I talk to my babies too. Who else am i going to talk to? They've never answered back either. Tho Cricket listens so hard like she is trying to understand.

Ceres one, you had a very special dog. i'm sorry for your loss too.
    vickie

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

I have to tell you..we did not really want to move back to Guam, but my folks are getting up there in years and I'm the only daughter. Circumstances happened that we couldn't avoid fate, so we decided to come back and tried to take the "family" with us. Our dog didn't make the trip back, which was a real killer ... but thankfully the cat did. Mind you, this is the same "island" cat that we took with us to the states when we moved back in 2002.

He makes the trip, safe and sound ... One day only a month after he landed, he pushed out a screen door when we weren't aware...went exploring the new neighborhood and got killed by neighborhood dogs...I was devastated!! Now BOTH my babies were gone...

I thought, no way...no more pets ... it hurts too much ...but then realized there was a great big hole in my heart. So ... I went to the shelter .. brought home a new kitty and proceeded to love him to pieces ...

Cirle of life? When we estimate back on the time of when my new little friend was most likely born, it turns out to be around the time my best friend "Chester the Cat" was killed... I like to think it may have been at that moment when he died that his spirit was reborn into my new cat, who is named "Chance" ... as in 2nd chance for a friend.

Guess it was just the title and subject of this topic that made me tell this story...

• mulberryknob
    16 years ago

It does hurt to lose them, doesn't it? Last fall our beautiful part Siamese outdoor mouser cat finally succumbed to old age at 18 years--a very long time for a cat to live outside. Then in Dec of 07 my parents little poodle that came to them from somewhere--halfstarved and so traumatized that she ran under a bed when someone picked up a magazine--passed on after 13 years with them at an age the vet estimated to be 16-17 years. She had been my hard-of-hearing mother's "doorbell" for many many years. It seems so strange to go to their house and not hear her bark when I step onto the porch, and bring me her toy to toss the minute I step into the house.

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company