Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

daylily catalog came

helenh
12 years ago

Gilbert Wild catalog came and I have been wasting lots of time looking up daylilies. I don't have a place for the ones I have but I want more. It is fun when they open in June to see what they look like every morning. It is hard to research them because I will not pay a huge price to get the latest beauty. There are thousands of them. Ones that I wanted years ago that were expensive are now reasonable. Pictures of just the flower don't tell you what the plant is like. In my garden I have some that always have lots of blooms and give me no trouble. My favorites are not usually the prettiest. Strawberry Candy always does well and I have a red one that forms a nice clump and always blooms its head off. You don't know until you grow them. I am making my list and crossing off and adding. Lots of time being wasted. I like the taller ones and dark ones and spiders and I always check for fragrance although daylilies are not known for fragrance. I put Primal Scream, Ruby Spider and Free Wheeling down for sure. The picture of Primal Scream is not that pretty but it is a popular daylily. I think the color and size probably make it stand out. It won't look good with pink though.

Comments (2)