Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

Thanks gldno1

jspeachyn5
15 years ago

Thank you gldno1, for the tip about glucosamine chondroitin. I purchased the one w/MSN the joint lubricant.

I have got to say I was hoping for some relief. I can't believe it but this seems to be doing the trick.

I have only been taking it a little over a week an can tell a difference. It says it could take a month or more.

The swelling in my hands an my knee have went down. Even as cold as it is this morning I can move my hands an only feel a little twitch of pain in then.

I think this product is wonderful! I have even been cutting back on the pain med since this has started working.

Thanks so much for the tip. I had seen it advertised before but thought it was like so many other things all talk.

Thanks'

Bonnie

Comments (9)

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Oh, I am so glad it is helping. It has done so much for me, I tell everyone to try it. DH is taking it now and he thinks it is helping his hands and elbows. I don't know about the lubricant ingredient. I will check that out next time.

• sunnyside1
    15 years ago

Well, my thanks as well, Glenda! I bought some today after reading your post, because I'm tired of taking pain meds for my knees. Besides, I haven't been able to take my dog for a walk in ages. Katy thanks you too, Glenda.
    Hope I have such quick results as Bonnie.
    Sunny

• helenh
    15 years ago

I took it and didn't see a difference, but my sister had an old dog, a very spoiled animal who had to sleep in their bedroom. He couldn't get up the stairs. Her husband used to push him helping him up(a 70 pound dog). They gave him that med from the vet and he could get up the stairs himself. Not comparing you ladies to dogs just my story on its effectiveness.

• pauln
    15 years ago

One thing about diatary supplements, is there is no government regulation of these products. Consumer's Report did a study of several over the counter products a couple of years ago, and found vast differences between brands as to the amount of active ingredients. Amazingly, Walmart had some of the best brands, if memory serves. Maybe I need to take Ginkgo biloba! ...Anyway, look at the expiration date and I'd spend the extra bucks and get them from a health food store.

My doctor, who has studied alternative medicines in addition to the normal kind told me to only buy tinctures of herbal products. He said since these are alcohol distillations, they won't degrade on the shelf like a powdered herb in a capsule would.

I'm glad to hear that these products are working for you. To those who have had no luck, it may be due to the particular brand not having enough active ingredients in it. In this case, they may want to try another brand.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Paul, I was aware of that. The Spring Valley brand that I buy says the following on the label:

This product is formulated per official U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) Standards to meet quality & potency requirements.

I hope that is a true statement.

I sure hope you get results, Sunny. I do know that some people get no results at all.

I should check out the health food place it is in the same general shopping area as Wal-Mart.

• helenh
    15 years ago

My bad knees are not arthritis; I fall. One knee or the other is hurt it seems. I will have to stop wearing Crocks and knock off plastic shoes which I think are very comfortable. One time my friend was keeping his sister's little dog. We went to Lowes to buy a board; I helped decide on the height and put it across the kitchen door. 15 minutes later I come bopping through the doorway. Hit my head on the hard tile floor, broke my glasses and hurt my elbow.

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I wonder if glucosamine chondroitin would work on bursitis also? I have acquired it in both shoulders and it hurts so bad at night when I lay down that I can't sleep.

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is the way my knees and hands felt. It would hurt for the blanket to touch them.
    My hands have been so much better. My knees were too, until last night.
    Not sure why but my right knees started hurting late last night, an still today.
    I was wondering if it was the shoes I wore yesterday. Or from carrying the grand-baby yesterday.
    I just hope it goes back to not hurting again real soon. But I did not wear those shoes today but still swollen an very painful.
    Bonnie

• gldno1
    15 years ago

I don't want to leave the impression that I am now totally pain free. I still have some bad days and am stiffer than other days. But before I couldn't get down on my hands and knees at all our squat without yelling. That is 99% better for me. Hips still bother me if I am on hard surface for very long.

helen, I forgot to comment on the cardboard idea. I do have a rubber mat about 6 feet long that I stand on when seeding in the milk parlor. My problems come from sweeping out the garage/shop that is huge and has a concrete floor or just cleaning it in general which it seems to need at least once a month.