Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

57 here..joplin today

jspeachyn5
16 years ago

Wow it's 57 here today. What a glorious day. I am on my way outside to see what we can find. I noticed when I went to get the mail. My easter lilies are on the way up. about 2-3".I have to keep an eye on them incase they need to be covered. Has any of you ever mixed some corn in with your all flower beds? I think I might try it. My granddaughter wants to "see" some of the colored ears.

Bonnie

Comments (7)

• mulberryknob
    16 years ago

The main thing about corn is that it is wind pollinated. This means that one or two stalks will pobably not produce an ear unless you hand pollinate. (Not that hard. Just pull off the top tassel when it has mature pollen and rub the tassels on the silks of the developing ear.) If you don't want to do that you should probably plant at least a dozen stalks in a block, not a long line. Dorothy

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Bonnie, it was gorgeous here yesterday too. Sure glad because I locked myself out and DH was gone for two hours. I had my jacket on so just cleaned out the garage and feed room. You might call it enforced labor!

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

gldno1, hey that sound like you had an interesting day. I read on one of the pages that one lady was caught locked out in the pj's. the dog was inside and she had to climbe the fence to get to someone w/phone to call for a key. I know my day is coming on that score. Sure don't like the thought of scaring the people around ne so much. I'm a fright in my pj's and hair every which way. I'm on my way out to do a little planning. going to rearrange some of my beds this year. want to take advantage of the low spot the collects water and my dry hill I don't want to mow of course. But thanks to all of you I know what I'm going to day w/that one. Have a great day everyone. Maybe wh should both think about a spare key outside? lol.
    Bonnie

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

been very nice the last 2 days but sunday is around the corner!

william

• oakleif
    16 years ago

It's been nice here too and i've been out raking leaves everyday. My spring flowers are comng up everywhere.

I broke off a forsythia twig a couple weeks ago and put it in water. It's bloomed out now. Another reminder of spring. Yellow crocus are blooming now and still a couple of lavender ones are still blooming. The catnip is comeing up everywhere.

One begonia is putting on buds. Hope everyone misses out on any bad weather.
    vickie

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Bonnie, I now have two spare keys outside!!!

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

gldno1, lol. I will put mine out today. top of my to do list.I also think I might just sit w/glass of tea in the sun for a bit today. soak it up.
    When I pulled some mulch back checking for green sprouts yesterday. I found a lot of centipedes, now I need to see hove to get those to move on. I really don't like things that bite me.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting