Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wezey

Spring Exchange?

wezey
16 years ago

Is anyone planning a spring exchange by any chance? We have done them later, but now is a really good time. Not so hot and new plants are emerging. Any thoughts or suggestions? I live in Mountain Home, AR, and could get the pavilion at the local park if anyone wants to chip in for the fee. If interested I will find out more. LOUISE

Comments (7)

• oakleif
    16 years ago

wezey, when were you thinking? It takes awhile to organize and is still a little cold. I'd be interested. Lets hear more.
    vickie

• pinkspoonbill
    16 years ago

I'd be really interested in any swaps that would occur in the Little Rock area. I've been here two years and have heard of no swaps even though I've been looking here for announcements. Where I used to live, there was a swap in the Spring and one in the Fall. If there were to be a swap in Little Rock, I'd be happy to call around looking for a location, and maybe bake something for it. Can't do many fees, though, as I am not working right now. I'll keep looking for swaps in Central AR.

• gldno1
    16 years ago

The swap sounds interesting, though it is probably a little far for some of us. I'm near Springfield, Mo.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Mt Home would be better for me and would be close to MO. I think bigred from Nashville has swaps every year she is not too far off I-35 i think and she checks in every now and than.
    April sound good to me. How much would the pavillian cost?

• mulberryknob
    16 years ago

Hi, Louise, haven't seen you here for awhile. You made it to my house to dig Naked Ladies. Let me know if any bloom this year. The hen and chicks you gave me are still with me although a few died out. There are babies in the pot though. Wish I were free to come that far for a swap. But if anyone wants to set one up in the Fayetteville area, I could come but not on Sat. Pinkspoonbill, let me know how your Naked Ladies take and bloom. The cereus took root and is still on my porch/plant room. Dorothy

• pinkspoonbill
    16 years ago

Your naked lady bulbs look great for this time of year. I put four out right after I got them, and last I checked, they had a tip of green (that was before the coldest nights). The remaining bulbs stayed inside the house; I thought I'd wait until after the cold in case the cold got to them. But, they started growing in my bedroom with short green coming out the tops. So, a week or so ago, I put them out in case they needed soil, water and nutrients to support the growth. I'll have to look at them again, soon. I'm glad your cereus rooted. It should grow a new segment soon. Mine are growing, but have not flowered yet. Thank you again for the bulbs.

• mulberryknob
    16 years ago

Cold doesn't hurt Naked Ladies. I have planted hundreds by throwing them on the ground in October so the leaves from the trees can cover them. The only time I have had them fail to take and root--and pull themselves down into the soil--was during droughty years. (05 was a bust). They can't take the drought.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County