Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wondering?

Posted by beth_b_kodiak zone 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 16:25

Is there a croup, club or place that does a spring plant swap?
Around Springfield would be perfect but another area would possibly work too.
I lived in areas where they were done and they were such fun. Not to mention, they were places to get great deals on plants
bethb, near..... Stockton Lake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wondering?

Beth, are you talking about Springfield, MO?

o

Yes, Springfield MO. Is there another one in the Ozarks?
We get to Springfield and Joplin and that's about it. I'm always looking up towns on the map to see how far they are.

o

You might get on the Greene County (Springfield) Master Gardener's website, I think they have a plant swap and sale. They also have a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MasterGardenersGreeneCounty

The Joplin garden clubs do not as far as I know, tho the Carl Junction bunch might do.

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Gardeners

o

Many thanks Sandy. That is helpful.
bb

o

I have this orange note under a magnet on my refrigerator:

Master Gardeners' Spring Plant Sale 7:30 am Saturday April 26, rain or shine

Place:
Springfield Greene County Botanical Center Building
2400 S. Scenic ( West of Kansas Expressway, between Battlefield and Sunshine

come early for the best selection of annuals, perennials, vegetables, herbs, bulbs, grasses, vines, ground covers, shrubs, hostas, trees and house plants

questions? call Master Gardener Hotline at 417 881 8909 ext 320

My family reunion is on this day every year and it kills me that I don't get to go. The last time I did go, I filled the back of my friend's pickup. I never get there early because it is a two hour drive and I'm not an early riser. I think I usually make it by about 11:00 and they have still had plenty of stuff. I imagine the choice stuff goes early, but it may also be crowded. I go into greed mode when I go to these things. The prices are reasonable.

o

Thank you Helen. That sounds perfect. I'll post it on my fridge too
bethb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here