Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwm007

ok ceresone!

sweetwm007
15 years ago

here it is for this spring. planted them saturday!

cherokee purple

carbon

dr wyches yellow

woods famous brimmer

tidwell german

magnum beefsteak

cuostralee

aunt gerties gold

german pink

moskvich

rostova

opalka

new big dwarf

bush champion

brandyboy f1

sungold f1

cutting back this yr- just like you!

william

Comments (9)

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Cutting back! I thought I was doing too many varieties.....nothing to match yours. I am still looking for a deep red main crop.

The only new one for me this year is Big Rainbow. I won't plant until April.

• ceresone
    15 years ago

BUT! How many seeds did you plant of each?
    I noticed, while getting everything ready for planting Wednesday, that I only have 4 seeds of Opalaka left, should've ordered, but if only two come up, that will be a lot of seeds saved for next year.
    Shh, don't tell anyone- but now I have to decide among the over 100 varities, which ones to plant. I'm going to severly limit myself this year on plants (I AM, I AM) because I'll have so much of the garden torn up building the raised boxes.
    Planting Wednesday because of favorable moon signs, might not apply to seeds started in the house, but I need all the help I can get!
    William, how did your seeds do that you planted just before the storm hit?

• gldno1
    15 years ago

ceresone, what zone are you in? I am curious that you are a month or more ahead of me in planting. When do you plant outside? I am referring, of course, to tomatoes!

• ceresone
    15 years ago

I think I'm the same as you, Gldno, sorry if my post sounded as if I was planting outside? Starting tomatoes on my rack, on heat matt and under lights. I'm being brave if I set them out in the garden on May 1--I usually feel safe about May 10, but one year lost to a frost on May 15.
    I'm thinking of experimenting next year, and planting seeds of various vegetables in the fall, including tomatoes-right in the garden where I want them.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

I don't even start mine under the lights until April and I wait until May 10 or later.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the seeds i planted before the storm were all peppers. have about 30 % germination. had no electricity for 11 days.
    on tomatoes, planted about 6 seeds of each. will give most away, only have enough room for 25 - 30 plants.
    william

• ceresone
    15 years ago

O.K. William, here they are, I going to get them out in about a hour.
    White Oxheart
    Orange Bananna
    Pink Grapefruit
    Hawaiian Pineapple
    Anasas Noire (always)
    Big Rainboe
    Marglobe
    Rutgers
    Opalaka
    True Black Brandywine
    Big Zac
    And for pots
    Black Cherry
    Isis Candy
    White Cherry
    See? I've really cut back, and going with some tried and true favorites. I have lot's of seed in the freezer, so if I get a few beds done in time, I may "test" a few more.
    I don't smoke, drink, or swear, but I sure understand addictions-or is it that I don't understand addictions, and cant free myself from "Garden" addictions. I spend all spring working and planting, all summer dragging in the bounty, fall so glad to see it end----then all winter with seed catalogs, feeding my habit.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ceresone- a very colorful lineup. hope they all do well for you.

william

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Tomatoes are an HEALTHY habit though Ceresone.
    Nevertheless, I'm proud of you both for cutting back. lol
    Still looks like you'll have plenty.