Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like Spring! Perennials and roses!

Posted by mosswitch 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 18:45

Bare root perennials and bare root roses are in this week! Come and get them at bare root prices before they get potted up and the prices go up! Not a whole lot of perennials yet, bulk of them has not arrived yet, but I'm already potting them up. Really great selection of bare root roses! I LOVE spring!

Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like Spring! Perennials and roses!

Thanks for the update and keep them coming.

I love thinking about spring, but it looks like I'm getting 1.5 inches of sleet Thursday. I hope that is a mistake and I get snow or rain instead. Christie what is forecast for you? I hope you get your snow.

o

I'd much rather get snow than ice but looks like it's going to be ice this time and sleet. : ( And they keep lowering the high for Thursday.
I wish you were closer Sandy. I'd love to check in about twice a week and see what's new. I'm trying very hard not to buy a bunch of new plants. I need to downsize. lol Of course I won't.

o

Hosta Society meeting this Saturday, at the Botanical gardens in Springfield, Christie. Season opener, ice cream social and silent hosta auction. You should come, be fun! I think it starts at noon. We plan to be there! This is from the Society president, Tom Lakowski:

Saturday, the 23rd, from noon to three, is our 2013 Kick-off Party. It will be at the botanical center. We will auction and raffle off all the hostas from our booth and, Lees dish gardens. Plus I will show you our presentation to the American Hosta Society to get our hosta garden accepted as an AHS National Display Garden. AND, I have a dozen great doorprizes. AND, we will have free ice cream sundaes. We will also talk about all our 2013 events. This is a blast, don't miss it.

Sandy

o

LOTS more perennials came in on Wednesday. As soon as this ice goes away, they could actually go in the ground! Come get them before I get them all potted! Some are bare root but most are in plugs or small pots. And more to come!
Sandy

o

What kind of strawberry plants does Gail plan on selling? I know she has had bundles of them in the cooler before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here