Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

Yikes! Sunflower seed is almost not available!

mosswitch
13 years ago

I sent DH out for sunflower seed after we have gone thru 70 lbs since the snow came....he had to go to three stores to get any! Walmart is out, so is Food 4 Less, he finally got some at Home Depot and said that they are nearly out of everything. Hope somebody gets a new shipment soon!

Comments (4)

• helenh
    13 years ago

I have gone through the freezer and cabinets and donated to the birds. I saw what looked like a mockingbird swallow a mandrine orange segment that I threw out the door. They also got some old chow mein noodles and crackers and stale bread. I have trouble with my dogs eating stuff when their feeder is full of dog food. I have not been to town at all and now we are in for another snow. I am out of milk but I have potatoes and oil= french fries. I think I will fatten up like a hibernating bear.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Helen you need a milk goat!

More snow predicted for us too.

I still have bird seed but they are emptying 4 feeders every day....I may have to cut back. When I bought the 20 lbs of niger, 50 lbs of BOSF and wild bird seed (20 lbs), I told DH that was it for the winter.....

I found my seed at Race Bros Farm Supply, but they may be out too because of road conditions.

I wonder how grocery supplies in the stores are holding out.

You all can come to my house if you run out of food....3 freezers full, canned stuff on shelves, milk cow and getting 5 eggs a day! We would run out of flour though and sugar.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

I bought birdseed at the feed store this week. I've been to the grocery store since it snowed but haven't made a trip to Walmart for quite awhile. It's nice to know that so many people feed the birds that they've run out of seed.
    We found out snow shovels are in short supply too. DH broke ours trying to pry up icy snow from our driveway and I called several places that were out. I think we're just going to wait for the meltdown. : )
    How funny Helen - I threw out some old chow mein noodles too. lol I also found a box of stuffing mix from Thanksgiving that was pretty stale and some old cereal. I don't mind feeding the starlings that. I decided I would tolerate them after watching a Youtube video of a starling that could say several words. It almost makes them cute.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

We finally got out yesterday and Race Bros had a large pallet of 50lb bags of Sunflower Seeds out front under the porch.
    They were the cheapest place I could find when I first bought seeds.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County