Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

Springfield Lawn and Garden show

mosswitch
12 years ago

Don't forget the Springfield Lawn and Garden show coming up this weekend! We are for sure going to that one! I need a good dose of spring!

Comments (5)

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Here's a list of the seminars that will be at the festival this year. It starts today.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seminare Schedule - FOG Calendar

• helenh
    12 years ago

I bought a concrete cat from
    Sunshine Hill
    Gifts of Willard, MO. I also bought a metal sunflower that hangs on a wall, asparagus and candy onions.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

I bought some Candy Onions too and got my free tree from MDC, a Loblolly Pine. I don't remember the Sunshine Hill booth. I wish I'd seen that. I went through pretty quickly. I just had a little time on Friday and almost didn't get to go at all.

There was a place from Monett (I think) that had a big booth where Hummert's was last year on the east end. I can't remember the name but it said it was affiliated with another company in Joplin so maybe one of you will know. They had a bunch of seeds and some enormous elephant ear bulbs.

Hummert's wasn't there so I assume they're still out of business but someone at another booth said they heard they're going to reopen in the spring. I wonder where. I think they need someone else to choose the location this time.

I picked up a card for a place called Smiling Sun that sells native perennials. I'm looking forward to checking it out when they get their plants in this spring. They're close to the old stock yards on West Division in Springfield. They have a list on their website of the plants they're going to carry. It also says $6.99 a quart which is kinda high for my budget but maybe they'll run a sale or something.

The booth for the Master Gardeners/FOG(?) had a crowd of people when I went by. Violet - I saw you but you looked pretty busy so I didn't say Hi. The big color photographs of butterflies and flowers looked great and made me anxious for the butterfly house to open.

Have I mentioned that I want a sunroom? ; ) I also want a pond so I'm thinking I can just have some kind of pond/waterfall feature inside my sunroom and save money. lol That's my lottery dream.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smiling Sun Native and Organic Garden Center

• helenh
    12 years ago

I keep hauling stuff in here. I probably needed the ratcheted loppers more but I was too cheap to get those after I bought the decorative stuff. I have too much but it is an illness. Christie I hope that place makes it. It is nice to have a variety of shops to visit. I got the free pine too, but I so far haven't had good luck with anything other than white pine. I have a big white pine that I got free at the mall in Joplin years ago.

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christie, that was Joplin Greenhouse that is on 32nd st here in Joplin and also a huge greenhouse setup in Monet. We talked to our old friend Jim, a former Hummert's rep who was working the Joplin Greenhouse booth for the weekend and he didn't mention a rumor that Hummert's was reopening. I'm sure he would have if it was true because he would have his old job back.

I did buy a few plants on special from Joplin Greenhouse, some succulents and a pot of baby tears, and some sedums from somebody else.

The Hosta Society booth was beautiful (next to the Master Gardeners and Friends of the Garden (FOG) of the Springfield Botanical Garden at Nathaniel Greene Park.)

I got my free pine too, that reminds me I need to plant it tomorrow!