Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bumping Threads Up

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 15, 07 at 22:32

I guess i owe you a big apoligy. I just read on another forum that it is impolite to bump up an old message. I really did'nt know that. I frequently go back over old threads to see if i can learn something and if i find something that i think will interest others, i've been bumping it up. I really hope i did'nt upset anyone. I wont do it again.
I learn something everyday.

I wish it were SPRING!!!!! It's cold outside!!!!
vickie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bumping Threads Up

vickie, I didn't know it wasn't good etiquette. I sure don't mind and I don't believe you upset anyone here, don't worry.

o

When I saw the title of this post, I thought I might get a scolding for bumping up a thread myself. lol I do it sometimes too. I can see where it would be annoying if someone did it too much but I think it's ok in general. If I search for a topic in a forum that I don't visit very often, I might post a reply that would bring an old post back to the top. There's nothing wrong with that. I think what they try to discourage, is people just typing the word "bump" or something similar every so often to get their post to come back to the top without actually posting a message. I'm sure you haven't done anything wrong Vickie.

I need spring too. I'm tired of the cold and the snow flurries and really tired of having to thaw out my dogs' water. Maybe we should bump up a thread about the hot, dry July and August weather so I'll feel better about this cold. lol

o

Thanks for the reasurance. The post was'nt directed to me. Just a general comment.

Do'nt tempt me about bumping up a July thread Christie. LOL
vickie

o

Bump away. it dosn't bother me either. I have three large dogs and those heated water bowels arn't big enough so I took a large styrafoam/plastic flower pot with no hole in the bottom and sat in inside the heated dish. I havn't had any ice. You do have to put some water in the heated dish for it to work though. Just an idea for you. It $10 or $15 for a heated dog water dish.

o

Go for it. I have bumped up old threads on several occasions so I won't complain. James

o

• Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 15:57

I actually like the practice on this Forum since it's a little slow sometimes of the year and may be I've missed it before. Bump on..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here