Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

pictures of spring bulbs and animals

helenh
13 years ago

Mosswitch do you recognize the cat?

Click to enlarge

I have more bulbs so you will see more pictures. I am using you for motivation to pull weeds. I have lots in my ditch but I won't be clearing there so expect some wildness.

Comments (7)

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Helen, you have quite the menagerie of garden ornamental animals (and live ones too!) Where are you finding all of these? Are they locally made?

I had a little dog like yours join me while gardening yesterday only he was black and white, actually two of the neighbor's dogs joined Biscuit and me.

The flowers looks wonderful in those informal drifts. I have a lot of the same one. I am thinking Ice Follies?

I don't have hyacinths and I must get some this fall.

My bed was so weedy you couldn't see the bulbs for the tall dry stuff from last fall. I am just now getting around to cleaning things up.

I recognize the natural ground cover (dead nettle)! My lamium is slowly coming back; I was getting worried.

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

Here's my cat, Grendel, aka Slasher. She looks like yours from the back but she doesn't have any white except for her face. Yours is very pretty!

That little og is such a character, you can just see the mischief in every hair!

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandy the concrete cat is from Ozark Nursery. Your fat cat makes me want to touch its tummy. Slasher looks like my little Spanky - grey striped with no white and fluffy. Glenda I buy bulbs of all kinds and have for years so I don't know the varieties. Somewhere I have Mt. Hood a white, Salome and lots of the miniatures my favorites. Tete a Tete is one. Yes the dog is a character and I know why his former owners kicked him out. He is so funny but sometimes what he does is not funny. He is like having a three year old kid around.

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

Oh THAT cat! I don't remember it, you must have gotten it before I saw it! Very cool cat.

Slasher is almost 14 lbs, herself. She never met a treat she didn't like!

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

I love all those cats! And the "Dog In A Pot" -- Priceless! I'd love to know what those Bad Dogs were doing, Helen, with their muddy noses and tired bodies. My Katy doesn't have their opportunties to get in trouble and I'm happy about that! But she would, if she could, I'm sure.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

What a great helper Honey is! I love the picture of him in the pot. That's so funny. I don't even try to garden in my back yard where the dogs are. I don't think it would be possible.
    Your daffodils are beautiful. I've enjoyed mine this spring too. My daughter brought in a big bouquet for me for the kitchen. Are hyacinths as reliable? I need to plant some of those.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hyacinths are reliable but don't last 50 years like you see daffodils on old home sites. The key is good soil drainage. Hyacinths will rot easily so don't plant them in clay. I have some that I've had for years and sometimes I've lost some of them that first winter in sticky soil. My native "soil" would be good for them but some of my beds are hauled in soil and that is always clay.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus