helenh_gw

Heuchera pictures

helenh
12 years ago

This is a celandine poppy:

Comments (13)

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

I'm enjoying your photos. I'm not familiar with celandine poppy. I love heucheras though. I think all of mine made it though our hot summer last year even though I didn't keep up with watering very well.
    The little guy in the first photo reminds me of my uncle. : )

• gldno1
    12 years ago

I love that golden one! I haven't seen my heucheras yet...maybe they didn't survive.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Things come up faster in pots because they warm up.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Glenda - Have you seen any sign of your heucheras yet? I have a couple that are blooming so I'm thinking yours should have some leaves or something by now if they're going to. I've lost a few in the past but have some others that have been around for years and seem like some of the toughest plants I have for dappled dry shade. I don't know why some come back and others don't. Green Spice is a nice one.

Is your poppy still blooming Helen? I like plants that have interesting leaves. Those are almost fern-like.

• teeandcee
    12 years ago

These are beautiful and I especially like that orange one. I had an orange-ish one that came up beige this year. Meh.

Where did you get your poppy? I was looking for some last year.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That poppy is from the Master Gardeners' sale in Springfield. It is a native plant I think. I have it in a pot with hellebore. I watered it last year but I am sure it was neglected at times and it survived. I will miss the sale this year because I have a family reunion. You should go to that sale if you are any where near Springfield. When I was looking at heucheras at Lowes the tag said no direct sun, but mine get sun part of the day. I think if yours was orange ish that it will develop that color again if the sun is right.

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christie do you divide your heucheras. I was reading last night that they are easy to propogate. There is a red speckled one at Lowes that is tempting me but it was a little expensive.

• teeandcee
    12 years ago

Thanks, Helen. I went to the sale last year so may go again this year to get one of those poppies.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

If you can't find a celandine poppy let me know and I will be glad to give you one.

Sandy

• helenh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sandy do you like yours? Mine is still blooming in a pot. I only bought it last year,so I don't know much about it. I like it because it has nice foliage and lived through last summer.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

I love mine, I have had them for several years so they have spread throuout the woods gardens. They are very hardy, live thru any weather. They do tend to go to seed but I just cut them back if I don't want them to.

• teeandcee
    12 years ago

Sandy, thank you, I may take you up on that offer. :)

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

Got a ton of celandine poppy seedlings I need to dig out. I you want some let me know and I'll save them for you.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting