Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Japanese Apricot?

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 4:50

My neighbor gave me a Japanese Apricot a few years ago and i googled it and it does'nt sound like my tree. It has got red leaves, but it does'nt bloom in early spring.its later but it does have what looks like little fuzzy apricots later in the year and i've got a new seedling growing. Does any one know more about these trees?
thanks
vickie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Japanese Apricot?

Do you have a picture? I have red indian peaches. Their fruit is small and fuzzy. They reseed vigorously!
The deer love their fruit. It is too hard for me too use.

o
RE: Red Japanese Apricot?

marian, sorry can't post pictures. It may be a peach but it is about the size and shape of an almond. To me the leaves look much like a Japenese maple.
vickie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here