Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cellar Bed Cleaned finally

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 11 at 7:00

Well, I haven't done the back side yet. It is a solid mass of dead nettle and friends. I am waiting until some of the self-seeders come up.

So far, there are just the three varieties of daffodils. There is a white quince behind that is starting to bloom, the Kumson forsythia is just opening a few blooms and the white clematis (on the leaning twig tripod) can't be far behind. After that the summer blooms take over.

Here is a better shot of the daffs and the white quince behind:
This is Ice Follies; I seem to have several clumps of them in various places.
and the other two are unnamed.

You can see the quince better here.

I am hoping both shrubs bloom out more this year. The forsythia has never had many blooms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cellar Bed Cleaned finally

Beautiful Glenda!
I'm haven't done much weeding yet. I'm having a lot of trouble getting motivated this year. I think because there is so much to do.
There are trees blooming everywhere now. Just noticed yesterday the Bradford pears in town are blooming and lots of magnolias. Not many flowers in my yard yet. My spicebush is blooming. I think this is the first year for it to bloom (unless I said that last year). lol

o

I know what you mean Christie. I finally just start one area at a time....I am still not nearly finished.

o

Good work, Glenda. I see your white shrub is blooming as far as the snow level in Feb. I wonder what damage we will see from this winter. The snow saved us, but I'll bet a lot of tops will need to be pruned. Glenda I think Ice Follies may be what I have; it is pretty and dependable and doesn't bend down. I have a favorite daffodil - I will take a picture. I don't know its name, but I would buy more if I knew it. My clove current is blooming so it is spring. Forsythia does not bloom for me. My mother had a hedge of it that bloomed every winter but she was on a hill and I am in a frost pocket valley. Weeding is overwhelming I am mostly weeding here and there as I walk around doing other things. I made a resolution to pull some weeds every time I walk by my walnut tree bed. I must have fertile soil there because the chickweed is so healthy there.

o

I'm enjoying all your pics, Glenda. I love to see what everyone is doing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here