Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Novel Idea?

Posted by ceresone missouri ozarks (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 18, 09 at 8:18

I just read about someone treating a potato bed as a perennial.
Said he always had volenteers potatoes the next year from ones he'd missed--as I think we all do. So-he stopped digging, and just replanted at harvest time. He said he did this for 7 or 8 years.
I'd think, as long as you kept the ground in good shape, compost, etc it might work.
What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Novel Idea?

Since this will be my first year at growing potatoes. I would love to hear all the ideas. It would be a great idea as far as I would be concerned. I would thing as you said just make sure to apply compost faithfully etc. The more I think about it I think I may place my potato bed in a different spot. So I can try this. Bonnie

o
RE: Novel Idea?

It sounds good. I've only grown potatoes once before and we had a good crop. This year I'm growing them in two 12-gallon white poly bags and trying one 5-gallon bucket to be filled with shredded leaves.

Ceresone, I'd love to hear how well it works next year.
Good luck.
Sunny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here